I can't get a signature to appear.

• Thread starter ThomasT
  • Start date
In summary, the person is having trouble getting their signature to show up. They tried different options, but only their avatar appeared. They ask for help and later realize that it was working, just with a delay. They also mention giving flyers to friends and planning to contribute through PayPal.
ThomasT
Not sure what's wrong. Tried a silly signature (my first choice). Then a serious signature. Then a link to my website. Then a quote by Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet). Nothing is showing up as my signature. The avatar, a picture of me, worked. But not the signature. What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good ThomasT. Please keep it to 4 lines as requested in our guidelines :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Please keep it to 4 lines as requested in our guidelines :)
Oops. I just changed mine and missed this rule. :blushing:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Looks good ThomasT. Please keep it to 4 lines as requested in our guidelines :)
Ok. It actually was working. It just took a minute or two. I was being impatient.

By the way, I gave a friend of mine who's a teacher at Nova High School a couple of flyers to post there, and another friend a couple to post at two public libraries in Hollywood which are always quite busy.

I'm going to contribute, but I keep a separate account for online purchases and only deposit enough to cover whatever I'm currently buying (in case of internet identity theft). I'm assuming PayPal requires some sort of minimum deposit, so when I get to the bank early next week I'll take care of it.

Thanks again. Great website.

1. Why can't I get a signature to appear on my document?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possible reason is that your document has not been set up for electronic signatures. Another reason could be that the signature field has not been properly placed or formatted. Additionally, the document may not be compatible with the device or software you are using to sign it.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue of not being able to get a signature to appear?

First, check if your document has been set up for electronic signatures. Next, make sure the signature field has been placed and formatted correctly. If the issue persists, try using a different device or software to sign the document. You can also consult the software or device manufacturer's support team for further assistance.

3. Can I get a signature to appear on a scanned document?

Yes, it is possible to add a signature to a scanned document. However, the process may vary depending on the software or device you are using. Some software may have a feature for adding an electronic signature to a scanned document, while others may require you to convert the scanned document into a different format before adding the signature.

4. Why does the signature I added to my document disappear after I save it?

This could be due to the document not being saved in a compatible format. Make sure to save the document in a format that supports electronic signatures, such as PDF. Additionally, check if the signature field has been placed and formatted correctly. If the issue persists, try using a different software or device to save the document.

5. Is it possible to get a digital signature to appear on a document?

Yes, digital signatures can be added to documents as long as the software or device supports it. Digital signatures use a certificate-based digital ID to verify the identity of the signer and ensure the integrity of the signed document. They are considered more secure and legally binding than electronic signatures.