Unanswered Questions: Uncovering Unexplained Occasions

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, they think it would sound stupid if they told you right away. Al least that's what I think.Some people are into the power-play and if they can keep you uncomfortable and upset for days and THEN choose the time to "resolve" the "problem", it makes them happy and empowered at your expense.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
You know some thing is wrong, but he/she will not tell you what, may be
you forgot some occasion, but why is it they refuse to tell you at the time?
may be you find out a week later, then you have to feel bad or not.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:

Because they think it would sound stupid if they told you right away. Al least that's what I think.

Some people are into the power-play and if they can keep you uncomfortable and upset for days and THEN choose the time to "resolve" the "problem", it makes them happy and empowered at your expense. It's best to avoid such people, if you can, and NEVER willingly get into a personal relationship with them. Life is too short to spend it with manipulative jerks.

wolram said:

and somehow during this delema, the first word that came to your mind while writing the topic title was 'hump'?

Ki Man said:
and somehow during this delema, the first word that came to your mind while writing the topic title was 'hump'?

That what we call it round here when some one is less than angry, but
more than off hand, does it have another interpretation?

OOps, i never knew that meaning of the word:blushing:

Yet another thread lost in translation between British and American. :rofl:

I have to agree with turbo, that if someone won't tell you what's wrong when something clearly is wrong, and you've asked, and then waits days before springing on you what the problem was (in other words, yes, there really was a problem, you didn't just imagine something, and they weren't just in a bad mood for no particular reason or something unrelated to you), then I'd steer clear of them as much as possible. Whether they're being intentionally manipulative, or just plain weird, it's not good to have to deal with people like that.

Of course, sometimes someone does say something like, "I don't want to talk about it right now," which isn't the same as saying, "nothing's wrong." Then, that's a valid answer...maybe they know they're over-reacting, or just need time to calm down, or are so busy with other things they think they'll say something wrong if they rush to explain the problem, etc., so want to talk about it at a better time.

I blame the hormones

Oh the drama! Reminds me of one of my favorit Mel Brooks movies, History of the World part 1.

HUMP OR DEATH !

hypatia said:
HUMP OR DEATH !

i really hope that doesn't imply what it think it does:rolleyes:

Ki Man said:
i really hope that doesn't imply what it think it does:rolleyes:
Well, "It's good to be king!"

ahahahhhah, indeed it is!

1. What is the purpose of studying unanswered questions?

The purpose of studying unanswered questions is to expand our knowledge and understanding of the world around us. By exploring unexplained occurrences, we can potentially uncover new information and insights that can contribute to scientific advancements.

2. How do scientists approach studying unanswered questions?

Scientists approach studying unanswered questions through the scientific method, which involves making observations, formulating hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data. This systematic approach helps to ensure that the research is objective and reliable.

3. What are some examples of unanswered questions in science?

Some examples of unanswered questions in science include the origin of the universe, the nature of consciousness, the existence of extraterrestrial life, and the cause of some diseases. These are complex and multifaceted questions that continue to puzzle scientists and researchers.

4. What are the potential benefits of finding answers to unanswered questions?

Finding answers to unanswered questions can lead to numerous benefits, such as improving our understanding of the natural world, developing new technologies and treatments, and advancing human knowledge and progress. It can also inspire further research and spark new ideas and innovations.

5. Are all unanswered questions likely to have concrete answers?

No, not all unanswered questions are likely to have concrete answers. Some questions may remain a mystery due to limitations in technology or our current understanding of the world. Additionally, some questions may be philosophical or existential in nature, making them difficult to answer definitively.