An attempt to unify EM and Grav., just to see if my ideas are in order.

• Thread starter IooqXpooI
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Em Ideas
In summary, the conversation discusses the attempt to relate electromagnetism and gravitation using energy and quantum theory. The concept of energy having direction is introduced and a Feynman diagram is discussed, leading to the idea that objects with mass move slower in proportion to their mass. The concept of relativity and the position of the observer is also mentioned in relation to acceleration and gravity. The conversation concludes with a discussion of energy conservation in orbits and the fundamental principle of directional invariance.
IooqXpooI
I would like to relate EM and Gravitation by trying to use energy and Quantum theory etc.

Since I know nothing of Quantum Theory, you might think me a fool.

To relate them, I will state one thing: Energy has direction.

Now, I have seen a(and only one) Feynman diagram, and I probably misunderstood it, but I found that there are two electrons nearing each other, and they exchange a 'virtual photon'(originally I thought it as a photon wave) in the form of energy to repel each other. Now, look at where they were going originally. Assuming this diagram of sorts assumed that the particles were massless and only cared about the charge, it seemed that they exchanged energy to exchange DIRECTION. It seems that they go in the exact path of the other, and this can be explained by stating that objects with mass moves more slowly proportional to the objects mass. Now where have we seen that before? Maybe with A=F/m, something that even I know! And what have we seen with relativity? Acceleration and Gravity are determined with the position of the observer. So, we have related EM and Gravity with one statement. And since I have about 20 people yelling at me to move since I have to go, I feel that this is fitting for you people.

Please criticize me as you wish. Good day.

Physics news on Phys.org
IooqXpooI said:
It seems that they go in the exact path of the other

FYI: Path is not defined classically in quantum theory. Each possible path is associated with a probability and the sum of all paths is an integral of Feynman's version of quantum theory.

IooqXpooI said:
I would like to relate EM and Gravitation by trying to use energy and Quantum theory etc.

Since I know nothing of Quantum Theory, you might think me a fool.

To relate them, I will state one thing: Energy has direction.

Now, I have seen a(and only one) Feynman diagram, and I probably misunderstood it, but I found that there are two electrons nearing each other, and they exchange a 'virtual photon'(originally I thought it as a photon wave) in the form of energy to repel each other. Now, look at where they were going originally. Assuming this diagram of sorts assumed that the particles were massless and only cared about the charge, it seemed that they exchanged energy to exchange DIRECTION. It seems that they go in the exact path of the other, and this can be explained by stating that objects with mass moves more slowly proportional to the objects mass. Now where have we seen that before? Maybe with A=F/m, something that even I know! And what have we seen with relativity? Acceleration and Gravity are determined with the position of the observer. So, we have related EM and Gravity with one statement. And since I have about 20 people yelling at me to move since I have to go, I feel that this is fitting for you people.

Please criticize me as you wish. Good day.

If energy has direction then the people in china have the opposite potential gravity that I do. And, assuming I I am completely in the "positive" direction, people 90 degrees down on the Earth will have near 0 potential gravity.
Hm, yep, that makes sense.

I'd also like to point out that energy is conserved in orbits, where direction is constantly changing.

IooqXpooI said:
it seemed that they exchanged energy to exchange DIRECTION

Your intuition about "direction" agrees with my mine. But as for me, the reason why energy is a scalar quantity instead of a vector, is that there is an underlying working principle at the fundamental level of reality. This is the principle of directional invariance. I said something about this principle in other posts.

Einstein definitely knew this problem about "direction" when he was trying to unify EM and gravity. But he used tensor analysis which to me complicated the situation by going into covariance of physical laws instead of invariance of physical quantities.

1. What is the main goal of unifying electromagnetism and gravity?

The main goal of unifying electromagnetism and gravity is to create a single, comprehensive theory that can explain the behavior of both electromagnetic and gravitational phenomena. This theory would provide a more complete understanding of the fundamental forces of the universe.

2. How does this attempt to unify EM and gravitation differ from previous attempts?

This attempt to unify EM and gravitation differs from previous attempts because it is based on new ideas and concepts that have not been explored before. It also takes into account recent advancements in both fields, such as the discovery of gravitational waves.

3. What evidence or experiments support this attempt to unify EM and gravitation?

At this stage, there is no direct evidence or experiments that support this attempt to unify EM and gravitation. However, the theory is based on mathematical equations and principles that are consistent with known laws of physics. Further research and experiments will be necessary to test and validate this theory.

4. How could a unified theory of EM and gravitation impact our understanding of the universe?

A unified theory of EM and gravitation could have a profound impact on our understanding of the universe. It could potentially provide a more complete and elegant explanation of the fundamental forces and laws that govern the behavior of the universe. It could also lead to new technologies and advancements in various fields.

5. Can this attempt to unify EM and gravitation be proven or disproven?

As with any scientific theory, this attempt to unify EM and gravitation can be proven or disproven through further research, experiments, and observations. If the theory is able to make accurate predictions and is supported by empirical evidence, it will gain more credibility. However, if it does not hold up to scrutiny or is contradicted by new evidence, it will need to be revised or rejected.