Bibliography for Cosmography

In summary, there are several textbooks that can provide information about the constitution of the cosmos, as well as the determination of distances and luminosities. Some recommended titles include Kolb and Turner's "The Early Universe", Andrew Liddle's "Introduction to Modern Cosmology", and Peeble's "Physical Cosmology". These texts are at an advanced undergraduate or graduate level and offer clear and authoritative discussions on the subject.
go quantum!
Hello!
In which textbooks about Cosmology may I find information about the constitution of the cosmos and also about determination of distances and luminosities?

Thanks for your attention.

Space news on Phys.org
My favorite is Kolb and Turner's "The Early Universe". It's a classic text, probably at the advanced undergrad/grad level. I've not looked through it but Andrew Liddle's introductory cosmology book is probably good -- his other texts are very clear and pedagogical, and he's a smart fellow. Also Dodelson's cosmology book is good, but probably more appropriate for graduate level study. Peeble's classic text "Physical Cosmology", though dated, provides an authoritative discussion of the concepts you're interested in.

Thanks!

Liddle, "Introduction to Modern Cosmology", Advanced Topic 2 has a good treatment of distances and luminosities. In fact, the title of this Chaper is "Classic Cosmology: Distances & Luminosities."

Hello there,

Thank you for your question. I would recommend the following textbooks for information on cosmology and the constitution of the cosmos:

1. "Introduction to Cosmology" by Barbara Ryden - This textbook covers the basics of cosmology, including the history and evolution of the universe, the Big Bang theory, and the composition of the universe.

2. "The Cosmic Perspective" by Jeffrey Bennett, Megan Donahue, Nicholas Schneider, and Mark Voit - This textbook covers a wide range of topics in cosmology, including the structure and evolution of the universe, the Big Bang theory, and the formation of galaxies and stars.

3. "Modern Cosmology" by Scott Dodelson - This textbook delves deeper into the theoretical aspects of cosmology, including the current models for the universe, the cosmic microwave background, and dark matter and dark energy.

For information on determination of distances and luminosities, I would recommend the following textbooks:

1. "Astrophysics for Physicists" by Arnab Rai Choudhuri - This textbook covers the basics of astrophysics, including methods for determining distances and luminosities of celestial objects.

2. "The New Cosmos" by David J. Eicher - This textbook covers topics in modern astrophysics, including techniques for measuring distances and luminosities of objects in the universe.

I hope these recommendations are helpful to you. Happy reading!

1. What is the purpose of a bibliography for cosmography?

A bibliography for cosmography serves as a comprehensive list of sources used in the study of the structure, origins, and evolution of the universe. It allows readers to access and verify the information used in a cosmography study, and also gives credit to the original authors and researchers.

2. How should sources be formatted in a bibliography for cosmography?

Sources in a bibliography for cosmography should be formatted according to a recognized citation style, such as MLA or APA. This includes the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and other relevant information. It is important to be consistent in formatting to maintain the integrity of the bibliography.

3. What types of sources should be included in a bibliography for cosmography?

A bibliography for cosmography should include a variety of sources, such as books, journal articles, online resources, and interviews with experts. These sources should be reliable, relevant, and provide evidence to support the claims made in the cosmography study.

4. How can I determine if a source is credible for a bibliography in cosmography?

To determine the credibility of a source in a bibliography for cosmography, you can consider the author's credentials, the publication's reputation, and the evidence provided to support their claims. It is also helpful to consult with other experts in the field to verify the credibility of the source.

5. Do I need to include sources for common knowledge in a cosmography bibliography?

No, sources for common knowledge do not need to be included in a cosmography bibliography. Common knowledge refers to information that is widely known and accepted without needing to cite a specific source. However, if the information is not considered common knowledge, it should be properly cited in the bibliography.