What is the polarity of the HDD LED cable for motherboard pin connection?

In summary, a motherboard pin connection is the physical connection between a computer's motherboard and other components, typically consisting of 800-1500 pins. A motherboard pinout diagram helps identify the purpose of each pin and can aid in troubleshooting connection issues. These pins can be damaged and need to be connected correctly according to the motherboard manual or any indicators/labels present.
biferi
I am connecting my towers power wires to the motherboard.

The motherboard tells me how to connect the. Hdd led cable. And were the pluss and minus wires go.

But the. Hdd led cable is mad of a. Blue and white wire.

Witch one is the pluss. And. Negitive?

Engineering news on Phys.org

The white wire is customarily the ground wire [negative]. If you look closely at the connector, it is likely marked showing the polarity. It is unlikely you will fry anything if you have it reversed. If the led light doesn't work, reverse the connector and try again.

1. What is a motherboard pin connection?

A motherboard pin connection refers to the physical connection between a computer's motherboard and other components such as the CPU, memory, and expansion cards. These connections allow for the transfer of data and power between the components.

2. How many pins are typically found on a motherboard?

The number of pins on a motherboard can vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer. However, most modern motherboards have between 800-1500 pins.

3. What is the purpose of a motherboard pinout diagram?

A motherboard pinout diagram is a visual representation of the layout and connections of the pins on a motherboard. It is useful for identifying the purpose of each pin and can be helpful when troubleshooting connection issues.

4. Can the pins on a motherboard be damaged?

Yes, the pins on a motherboard can be damaged if mishandled or if there is a power surge or other hardware malfunction. This can result in connection issues and may require a replacement of the motherboard.

5. How do I know if I have correctly connected the pins on my motherboard?

Most motherboard manuals will have a specific diagram or instructions for connecting the pins correctly. It is important to carefully follow these instructions to ensure proper functioning of the computer. Additionally, some motherboards have indicators or labels on the pins themselves to help identify their purpose.