Join Forum: Find Inspiration From Others

• Thread starter Zygotic Embryo
  • Start date
In summary: Yes, it is!The feeling of being the only one who likes something.The feeling of being the only one who likes something.
I googled it as well.

I've actually been around since March of 2003 as a guest, but didn't sign up until December of that year. But that seemed so long ago...

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think I will ever be able to find the thread but it was one in the theory development section that my friend showed me that made me join. I wanted to be able to reply to it and then I found out about all the sections and I must have learned more here than books could ever have taught be (well too a point. Books are good but human explanation is better).

The Bob (2004 ©)

I actually came in through the Michio Kaku forums. Later I started taking an astronomy class so I wandered into other sections. I seem to be stuck in GD now. It's like flypaper.

Math Is Hard said:
I seem to be stuck in GD now. It's like flypaper.
That's just because Artman's been here. We should warn ZE about wiping things off before using them. :yuck:

Zygotic Embryo said:
Thanks for the welcome.

*throws rock at franz*
INFILDEL! How dare ye assault mineth Pincushion! How thy hath earned my ire now, prepare to be destroyed!

AHHHHRRRGGGAAHHHHH

setAI mentioned this place over in the KurzweilAI.net forum (which is really bad... really really bad).

But I stayed for all the beautiful women. :cool:

Last edited:
Honestly I can't remember the specifics. I joined this forum - at least the original incarnation of this forum - a little was over 1/5th of my life ago. I was a physics and math geek at the time, but that is as precise as I can get.

Telos said:
setAI mentioned this place over in the KurzweilAI.net forum (which is really bad... really really bad).

But I stayed for all the beautiful women. :cool:
:cry: Not for the beautifull men?
I'm insulted! I thought you loved me! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Smurf said:
:cry: Not for the beautifull men?
I'm insulted! I thought you loved me! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe you need to post a picture of you in your dress; show off those curves a little more often. :smile:

Moonbear said:
Maybe you need to post a picture of you in your dress; show off those curves a little more often. :smile:
Oooh, smurf in his dress! That could be a bonus foldout in the new calendar! :approve:

Evo said:
Oooh, smurf in his dress! That could be a bonus foldout in the new calendar! :approve:
I hope you're not in charge of the marketing for that thing. :tongue:

Danger said:
I hope you're not in charge of the marketing for that thing. :tongue:
We're appealing to a broad market. :biggrin:

Honestly now, if there was a foldout of smurf in a dress, you wouldn't look? :tongue:

Evo said:
We're appealing to a broad market. :biggrin:
:rolleyes: :tongue:
Evo said:
Honestly now, if there was a foldout of smurf in a dress, you wouldn't look? :tongue:
Everyone is possessed of a modicum of morbid curiosity, but there's a significant difference between looking and enjoying. :yuck:

I was inspired to join this forum because I was working on a problem.

I joined because I was in wayyyy over my head working on an industrial design project and needed some help with hydraulics. The tight buggers never gave me a reply (yeah, I'm still waiting guys...).

Anyway, I got sucked in and have spent the last 6 months getting in the way, correcting myths on the English and spreading myths about the Welsh, whilst squeezing every bit of available knowledge out of Clausius and Fred, talking utter bollocks to Moonbear, and enticing Danger into the den. Happy days.

brewnog said:
and enticing Danger into the den. Happy days.
I still suspect that it's some sort of trap, but I'm enjoying it so far. :uhh:

Danger said:
I still suspect that it's some sort of trap, but I'm enjoying it so far. :uhh:

Oh it is. It's more addictive than cocaine, and more time-wasting than Nintendo.

brewnog said:
Oh it is. It's more addictive than cocaine, and more time-wasting than Nintendo.
Surely, you are only referring to GD.

Wait, what am I saying? :redface:

Oh, and GD is FULL of useful information! :grumpy:

Evo said:

Why yes. As long as you need to know:

- The longest place name in New Zealand
- Relative merits of different web browsers
- Information on imminent releases of Douggie Adams based films
- Spam
- Dog weddings
- Cookware
- Farm machinery.

Otherwise, you're screwed.

brewnog said:
Why yes. As long as you need to know:

- The longest place name in New Zealand
- Relative merits of different web browsers
- Information on imminent releases of Douggie Adams based films
- Spam
- Dog weddings
- Cookware
- Farm machinery.

Where else could you find such a diverse wealth of knowledge?

(I mean besides the tabloid at the grocery store checkout counter?)

brewnog said:
In all fairness, you did warn me ahead of time. But no... my stupid pride insisted that I was stronger than that. And now it's too late... :cry:

Evo said:
Well, if you need consumer reports on washing machines or lawnmowers... :wink:

brewnog said:
Some of us might be hopeful in that regard as well. So? What's your point...? :tongue:

I've acheived a small amount of fame simply by wearing an unusual garmet to a high school once. How intuitive.

Speaking of which, a couple days ago I actually ran into the only person who has a picture of me wearing it, if and when I get a copy, I'll post it for you guys.

I read Hyperspace by Dr. Michio Kaku and was looking at his site and found my way here. I think I'll read Parallel Worlds if I ever finish 100 Years of Solitude. Everyone said it was a great book, but I'm not getting into it for some reason. What a bummer

What was the question?
Huck

Smurf said:
I've acheived a small amount of fame simply by wearing an unusual garmet to a high school once. How intuitive.

Speaking of which, a couple days ago I actually ran into the only person who has a picture of me wearing it, if and when I get a copy, I'll post it for you guys.

YES, PLEASE!

Smurf said:

You MUST! We need it for the calendar. :approve: Hey, your classmates will never forget you. Even if they don't remember your name in 10 years, you'll always be, "Remember that guy who wore the dress to school?"

Huckleberry said:
I think I'll read Parallel Worlds
No need to read it, lad; you're in one. :rolleyes:

^ ah, so witty.

Moonbear said:
...Hey, your classmates will never forget you. Even if they don't remember your name in 10 years, you'll always be, "Remember that guy who wore the dress to school?"
Shhhh... He may realize he's not getting a copy of the photo because of future plans for blackmail...

SOS2008 said:
Shhhh... He may realize he's not getting a copy of the photo because of future plans for blackmail...

As long as they hang onto a copy or the negatives, there's still blackmail potential. Then again, how are they going to blackmail him with photos of something he's already told to everyone he knows? It's very clever; no blackmail potential at all.

I found this while looking up something in Calculus and then since I was bored I just kept on reading.