Black Friday Shopping Tips for Beginners

• News
  • Thread starter ZeGinger
  • Start date
In summary: Great links Hepth. The camera I have been watching is going to be on sale at Costco online at a great price.It seems to me that I read that some stores are officially starting black Friday on Thursday. :confused: At least I won't have to pitch a tent in front of some store on Wednesday night to get the blasted camera.If you must go, go very, very, very early. So early that, actually, you are already late. But me? I'll be avoiding retail establishments that day!I'll do some online shopping, but I wouldn't be caught dead waiting outside of a Wal-Mart to rush in and grab some merchandise. I don't care if they
ZeGinger
Hey, small question/favor for everybody, regarding black Friday. It's going to be the first time I actually participate in the festivities, yet I don't quite know what to get.

What I mean to say is I'm not all experienced in finding 'deals', per say. don't know where to go, when, how; I just got the money to do so.

anyway, could you all provide some tips? They need not be addressed to me, this thread could be dedicated to all the hype for this year's black Friday, it matters not to me. I just want some advice with regards to where I should go, what I should get, and related matters...
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Read the ads.

I'd recommend looking at the main page and forums over at slickdeals :

http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/

http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

They have scans of all of the ads way ahead of time, product comparisons, etc. I'm not sure how good the frontpage of the black friday stuff is, I usually use the forums, but I do see now that they have a lot of the best deals listed already.

Last edited:
Hepth said:
I'd recommend looking at the main page and forums over at slickdeals :

http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/

http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

They have scans of all of the ads way ahead of time, product comparisons, etc. I'm not sure how good the frontpage of the black friday stuff is, I usually use the forums, but I do see now that they have a lot of the best deals listed already.

Great links Hepth. The camera I have been watching is going to be on sale at Costco online at a great price.

It seems to me that I read that some stores are officially starting black Friday on Thursday. :confused: At least I won't have to pitch a tent in front of some store on Wednesday night to get the blasted camera.

Last edited:
If you must go, go very, very, very early. So early that, actually, you are already late.

But me? I'll be avoiding retail establishments that day!

lisab said:
If you must go, go very, very, very early. So early that, actually, you are already late.

But me? I'll be avoiding retail establishments that day!
Me too. Nothing is worth that kind of hassle.

I'd do some online shopping, but I wouldn't be caught dead waiting outside of a Wal-Mart to rush in and grab some merchandise. I don't care if they're giving it away free. I'd probably come out of there with a disease or something. It's disgusting.

1. What is Black Friday shopping?

Black Friday shopping is a popular retail tradition in the United States where stores offer significant discounts and promotions on the day after Thanksgiving. It is considered the start of the holiday shopping season and is known for its crowded stores and long lines.

2. When is Black Friday?

Black Friday always falls on the day after Thanksgiving, which is the fourth Thursday in November. This year, Black Friday will be on November 26, 2021.

3. What are some tips for beginners to make the most out of Black Friday shopping?

Some tips for beginners include creating a budget, making a list of items you want to purchase, researching deals and discounts beforehand, and being prepared for long lines and crowds. It is also important to prioritize your purchases and focus on the items you need the most.

4. Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind while Black Friday shopping?

With the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is important to follow safety guidelines such as wearing a mask, maintaining social distance, and using hand sanitizer frequently. It is also recommended to shop online or opt for curbside pickup instead of going to physical stores to reduce the risk of exposure.

5. How can I stay updated on the latest Black Friday deals?

You can stay updated by signing up for newsletters from your favorite stores, following them on social media, and checking online deal websites. It is also helpful to download store apps to receive notifications about promotions and discounts. Additionally, many stores release their Black Friday ads ahead of time, so keeping an eye out for those can also help you plan your shopping strategy.