U2 in Madrid: Too Expensive for Me Today

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the high cost of tickets for a U2 concert in Madrid and the speaker's decision to watch a live concert download instead. They also mention the possibility of meeting Bono in the future and speculate about his intentions for using ticket sales to help with third world debt. The conversation ends with a personal anecdote about seeing U2 for free and being impressed by Bono's gratitude towards the audience.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Today U2 in Madrid...

...and I haven't got tickets. Isn't it dramatic? 600 Euros one ticket. I cannot spend such money, and although I could it would be very expensive.

I think I am going to conform myself with the live concerts downloaded. Have you listened the Live from San Diego?, Fantastic!

Maybe Bono could meet me some another future time. This time I will stay in home. :biggrin: :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess this is Bono's idea for helping the relief of third world debt.

Yeah, I think those people attendants to U2 concert are going to pay the third world debt instead of Bono itself.

i had the privilege of seeing U2 for free 4 years ago...Bono thanked the audience for spending our hard earned money to see them, which impressed me...they do put on a great show.

1. Why is the U2 concert in Madrid so expensive?

The cost of a concert ticket is determined by various factors such as the popularity of the artist, the venue, and the demand for tickets. In the case of U2 in Madrid, their popularity and the large capacity of the venue may have contributed to the high ticket prices.

2. Is the high price for the U2 concert in Madrid justified?

The perception of whether the price is justified is subjective and varies from person to person. However, it is important to consider that organizing a concert involves significant costs such as venue rental, production, and artist fees. The ticket prices are also influenced by market demand and the willingness of fans to pay.

3. Are there any cheaper alternatives to attending the U2 concert in Madrid?

Some alternatives to attending the U2 concert in Madrid could include purchasing tickets for a different date or location, or looking for discounted tickets through fan clubs or ticket resellers. It is also possible to experience the concert through live streaming or recordings.

4. Will the ticket prices for the U2 concert in Madrid decrease closer to the date?

It is unlikely that the ticket prices will decrease significantly as the concert date approaches. In fact, they may even increase due to higher demand. It is recommended to purchase tickets in advance to secure a spot and possibly get a better deal.

5. Why are concerts in general becoming more expensive?

The cost of organizing a concert has increased over the years due to various factors such as rising production costs, higher artist fees, and the use of advanced technology in performances. Additionally, the demand for live music experiences has also increased, allowing artists and organizers to charge higher prices.