Have You Ever Talked to an Attractive Woman?

In summary, if you're having girl problems, what's stopping you? Is it anything more than nerves/low self-esteem? If you're confident and relaxed, you're just a normal guy, talking to a normal girl.

wasteofo2 said:
When you get lots of girls numbers, you get lots of flakes, that's just part of life. I don't know where you're coming at this from, but meeting random people means some won't keep contact with you.

Perhaps, I don't walk your shoes. For me fake numbers are pretty much an unknown. It never happened to me. Besides, if you really got a fake number, you should move on, she aint too much into you anyway. Move fast.

Physics news on Phys.org

I'd have to say no to this, for three reasons:

1. Women in this city are horribly unapproachable.
2. Not a whole lot of them are on my campus
3. They all annoy me to no end.

Lancelot59 said:
I'd have to say no to this, for three reasons:

1. Women in this city are horribly unapproachable.
2. Not a whole lot of them are on my campus
3. They all annoy me to no end.

The girl who can't dance says the band can't play ?

DanP said:
The girl who can't dance says the band can't play ?
No...

It's just that they don't seem very attractive personality wise. They're a bit too girly if that makes sense.

DanP said:
Perhaps, I don't walk your shoes. For me fake numbers are pretty much an unknown. It never happened to me. Besides, if you really got a fake number, you should move on, she aint too much into you anyway. Move fast.

Flakes not fakes.

I understand the traditional attitude of ''**** it'' if a girl flakes on you.

But if a girl isn't into you after 1 short conversation, that doesn't mean you can never **** her, just that it'll take more time to get her into you.

It just depends how bad you actually want said girl.

Have I ever seen an attractive woman, walked up to her and started a conversation?

No way! I suffer from anxiety so doing this without feeling anxious would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Also I feel it would be stupid to come out with something pointless to talk about "those are nice shoes". WTF? I'm a physics student with no fashion sense who plays video games.

QuantumJG said:
Have I ever seen an attractive woman, walked up to her and started a conversation?

No way! I suffer from anxiety so doing this without feeling anxious would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Also I feel it would be stupid to come out with something pointless to talk about "those are nice shoes". WTF? I'm a physics student with no fashion sense who plays video games.
There never does seem to be anything good to talk about.

Lancelot59 said:
There never does seem to be anything good to talk about.

Confidence goes a long way fellas. If there's something to talk about with your friends - besides talking about that thing you guys did last week that was so awesome, and other people you both know - then there is something to talk about with random girls.

Someone told me Scarlett Johansson is no single. How much confidence do I need to woo her?

Topher925 said:
Someone told me Scarlett Johansson is no single. How much confidence do I need to woo her?

How much confidence does it take to overcome a stun gun and a restraining order? Unless you come up with a clever scheme to get alone with her...

How about we abduct both of you, under the premise that you owe us money. We mistook her for your friend who was also in on the deal!

It's brilliant! :approve:

Topher925 said:

Confidence doesn't get the girl, it initiates conversation.

Nervous guys tend to flop. Confidence is a good key but a person who can keep a conversation, create laughter, and is playful tends to get a date or second date for that matter.

How much confidence does it take to overcome a stun gun and a restraining order?

Lol

DBTS said:
Nervous guys tend to flop. Confidence is a good key but a person who can keep a conversation, create laughter, and is playful tends to get a date or second date for that matter.

You need confidence to approach them and break the ice, but after that first acquaintance you shouldn't be as nervous if you were at first. From then on it depends on your personality.

wasteofo2 said:
Dan, I don't know what age-group you're going for, but it doesn't sound like the early 20's girls I know in the USA.

You may have found the group of girls that don't flake on phone numbers, or the group of girls that likes to talk on the phone, but they are not the majority.

Obviously the goal isn't to talk to her on facebook, but talking to someone on facebook can make them more likely to not flake on you in real life when you actually want to see them.

When you get lots of girls numbers, you get lots of flakes, that's just part of life. I don't know where you're coming at this from, but meeting random people means some won't keep contact with you.

A note on this: While i personally have gotten "flakes" (girls who i called who didn't pick up, or weren't available etc.) I have never failed to get a number from asking and i have never gotten a fake number. Some of those "flakes" might not have been genuine flakes if i had been more persistent (I don't leave messages, and if a girl doesn't pick up the first day i call her, i might try once more, but not again).

I don't use facebook. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm just not into the internet as a social medium (not counting forums like this). I don't care for the idea of all my social interactions to be publicly available, and I HATE internet drama.

Too much overthinking in this thread. It's plain and simple, GO FOR IT. GO WITH THE FLOW. SEE WHAT HAPPENS. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, and etc.. That's it.

The more you fail, the better you get at it. I've failed countless time, and I've been successful countless times. I only tend to remember the funny stories

The more you fail, the better you get at it. I've failed countless time, and I've been successful countless times.

So... 0 times.

I am quite good at reading body language so if I walk up to a girl or woman and say something casual and she is receptive, I will engage in a more 5 minute prolonged conversation. I tend to only keep conversations for 5 minutes just to feel her out, and if I like her, I will schedule a date, if not, then I will just walk away.

When I got to college from a small town, I admired a young lady in my dining hall from afar. After a week or so, I got the nerve to ask her if I could sit with her at lunch. She pulled out the chair next to her and said "I've been saving this seat for you", and we became inseparable friends within days. She was about 5-10" or so with impressive wavy blonde hair and legs "up to there". I was about 5-2" or so and later in the year added at least 5" after I stopped beating myself to death with Xcountry and Xcountry skiing. (Ballerina syndrome) We were inseparable all through college and were "an item". Our college did not allow parietal visits except under strict supervision, so we had to resort to subterfuge and cheating to spend time together every day and night. Luckily my floor resident and my roommate both loved my friend.

If you don't have the guts to approach someone that you are attracted to, you might miss out on something really wonderful.

turbo-1 said:
If you don't have the guts to approach someone that you are attracted to, you might miss out on something really wonderful.

Yeah, when a man wants a woman, he goes after her. He doesn't sit pondering at "what ifs" or whatever else.

And I think we can safely generalize this one. If you see something that you want, if you lust to do something (get into a certain school, climb a mountain, ride a bike, fight in the ring ..), you owe to yourself to actually act. And again, Ill let the immortal Mark Twain speak:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off your bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover”

I've made a fool out of myself a lot of times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. At the very least, the situation almost always turns into something pretty interesting and I do have a bunch of stories to tell .

DanP said:
...Ill let the immortal Mark Twain speak:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off your bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover”

Excellent quote, Dan, one of my absolute favorites :approve:!

DanP said:
And again, Ill let the immortal Mark Twain speak:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
If he was alive, I'd sue him. Looking back on my life, I regret almost everything I chose to do, the risks I took, all huge mistakes. I wish I had learned to be happy with what I had and stayed where I was.

Evo said:
If he was alive, I'd sue him. Looking back on my life, I regret almost everything I chose to do, the risks I took, all huge mistakes. I wish I had learned to be happy with what I had and stayed where I was.

Please, Evo, don't be sad. If there is any person on this board I wouldn't like to see sad, it's you.

Not being "happy" with what we have is in the human nature. And for what it's worth, you are not alone in doing huge mistakes. I did the same. And I'll probably do a lot more of them in the future. Hopefully not the same ones. But I refuse to stay where I am. I breath change, no matter what it brings.

DanP said:
Please, Evo, don't be sad. If there is any person on this board I wouldn't like to see sad, it's you.

Not being "happy" with what we have is in the human nature. And for what it's worth, you are not alone in doing huge mistakes. I did the same. And I'll probably do a lot more of them in the future. Hopefully not the same ones. But I refuse to stay where I am. I breath change, no matter what it brings.

You must be young :tongue2:

Girls come and go.. so far I have not found anything interesting that I consider worth more than what I am currently doing (my work).

Guys/girls sitting next to me who talk bit too much (with girls/guys) i.e. start long damn stupid conversations with every person sitting next to them are rather annoying.

rootX said:
You must be young :tongue2:
And you must be old with a sad life in the middle class ? Probably not. Those kind of "deductions" pretty much worth 0.

Last edited:

rootX said:
Girls come and go.. so far I have not found anything interesting that I consider worth more than what I am currently doing (my work).

Lack of sexual motivation ?

DanP said:
Lack of sexual motivation ?
He seems to be in a similar position to me. None of the girls around seem worth the effort.

wasteofo2 said:
The question: who has ever walked up to an attractive woman and started a conversation from nothing?

That's how I met my first fiancee. We were both getting gas.

Evo said:

yeah, I always found that quote a bit silly. It sounds nice but really? When you think about, it's an absurd statement. (Not applied to talking to girls, there's really not much danger in that.)

On the other hand, in terms of what you are saying, if you are happy with where you are now, then all those mistakes you made were part of what got you to where you are.

Lancelot59 said:
He seems to be in a similar position to me. None of the girls around seem worth the effort.

Maybe you should go for the ones that don't require as much effort.

Galteeth said:
Maybe you should go for the ones that don't require as much effort.

Well there's no shortage of those around. I guess I really meant none of the girls around are worth putting any time into at all when put up against the work I'm doing (namely school).

Lancelot59 said:

There is Jewish saying (or maybe it was Yiddish?) "The whole world isn't crazy".

Maybe you should reconsider. Women do worth the effort.

DanP said:
There is Jewish saying (or maybe it was Yiddish?) "The whole world isn't crazy".

Maybe you should reconsider. Women do worth the effort.

And let's not forget what they say,

In Soviet Russia,
Women do worth the effort YOU

wasteofo2 said:
who has ever walked up to an attractive woman and started a conversation from nothing?

is that even possible? like, does the universe allow such an event to exist?

tauon said:
is that even possible? like, does the universe allow such an event to exist?

Ain't that the bare minimum you can bring on the table ? You like her, at least hit on her. The least you can do. Can't you feel in in your blood when she walks near you ?:devil:

<h2>1. What is the purpose of this study?</h2><p>The purpose of this study is to understand the experiences and perspectives of individuals who have talked to an attractive woman. This could provide insights into social interactions, attraction, and communication dynamics.</p><h2>2. How do you define an "attractive woman" in this study?</h2><p>In this study, an "attractive woman" is defined as someone who is perceived as physically attractive by the individual being studied. This could vary based on personal preferences and societal standards of beauty.</p><h2>3. What is the methodology used in this study?</h2><p>This study will use both qualitative and quantitative methods. Participants will be asked to complete surveys and potentially participate in interviews to gather their experiences and perspectives. Data will be analyzed using statistical analysis and thematic coding.</p><h2>4. Who can participate in this study?</h2><p>Any individual who has talked to an attractive woman in any context is eligible to participate in this study. There are no specific age, gender, or other demographic requirements for participation.</p><h2>5. How will the confidentiality of participants be protected?</h2><p>All data collected in this study will be kept confidential and anonymous. Participants will be assigned a unique identifier to protect their identity. Data will only be used for the purposes of this study and will not be shared with any third parties.</p>

1. What is the purpose of this study?

The purpose of this study is to understand the experiences and perspectives of individuals who have talked to an attractive woman. This could provide insights into social interactions, attraction, and communication dynamics.

2. How do you define an "attractive woman" in this study?

In this study, an "attractive woman" is defined as someone who is perceived as physically attractive by the individual being studied. This could vary based on personal preferences and societal standards of beauty.

3. What is the methodology used in this study?

This study will use both qualitative and quantitative methods. Participants will be asked to complete surveys and potentially participate in interviews to gather their experiences and perspectives. Data will be analyzed using statistical analysis and thematic coding.

4. Who can participate in this study?

Any individual who has talked to an attractive woman in any context is eligible to participate in this study. There are no specific age, gender, or other demographic requirements for participation.

5. How will the confidentiality of participants be protected?

All data collected in this study will be kept confidential and anonymous. Participants will be assigned a unique identifier to protect their identity. Data will only be used for the purposes of this study and will not be shared with any third parties.