Register to reply

Sensor for setup

by anubodh
Tags: sensor, setup
Share this thread:
anubodh
Apr20-14, 05:20 AM
P: 35
I want such a setup that when i touch the sensor, a circuit (including batteries) kept at a distance of less than 6 m gets complete and the bulb lights up and when i leave the finger from sensor the circuit breakes and the bulb stops glowing. i.e. the switch of the circuit in in the control of my hand.The sensor should be as small as possible.
I wanted to ask which sensor should i buy and how much it would cost and how can i prepare such a setup.(the sensor should be as cheap as possible)
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A spray-on light show on four wheels: Darkside Scientific
Research project on accident-avoiding vehicle concluded
Smaller artificial magnetic conductors allow for more compact antenna hardware
darkwood
Apr20-14, 07:52 AM
P: 24
Your best option here would be a capacitive touch sensor which can be miniature relatively cheap and simple to use or the more robust options available out there can get quite expensive ....

The market of touch sensitive equipment, buttons sensors is quite large and come in many forms and working solutions but as above I think that's one to look into first.

Check this link out ...I found it within 30s so I'm sure with a little more time you can source a set-up more tailored to your needs.http://www.inmotion.pt/store/standal...kout-at42qt101
anubodh
Apr21-14, 05:25 AM
P: 35
Thanks.
How much minimum force can a relatively cheap sensor (like the one you told) need for working.

darkwood
Apr21-14, 06:07 AM
P: 24
Sensor for setup

Read the link I posted it explains ... you don't apply force as such to operate it, it uses the presence of your finger which is electrically detected not detected by physically pressure.

Register to reply