A problem of a Matlab programme

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter neptunecs
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, The conversation is about a problem in Matlab where the user wants to calculate the derivative of an expression that contains abstract functions. The user does not know how to deal with the abstract function and hopes to get the desired result through the use of the Symbolic Math Toolbox. The other person suggests checking if the Toolbox is installed and trying it out.
neptunecs
Hi,I have a problem in Matlab programme,I want to calculate the derivative of a expression by matlab,but there are some abstract functions in that expression.
for example:f=R(t)*cos(t),I want calculate d=diff(f,t),but I don't know how to deal with the abstract function R(t),I hope I can get this kind of result:d=dRt*cos(t)-R*sin(t),but how should I design the programme?
thank you for your help.
neptunecs.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Matlab does not do symbolic calculations, without the Symbolic Math Toolbox installed. Do you have that?

- Warren

chroot said:
Matlab does not do symbolic calculations, without the Symbolic Math Toolbox installed. Do you have that?

- Warren
Thank you.
I find that I have the Symbolic Math Toolbox installed,I will have a try soon.

I doubt that the Symbolic Math Toolbox is installed,and I doubt that Toolbox can solve my problem

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 590

1. What is a "problem of a Matlab programme"?

A problem of a Matlab programme refers to an issue or error that occurs while using the Matlab programming language. This could be due to a mistake in the code, compatibility issues, or other technical problems.

2. How can I troubleshoot a problem in my Matlab programme?

To troubleshoot a problem in your Matlab programme, you can start by checking for any errors or warning messages that appear when running your code. You can also try debugging your code by using breakpoints or step-by-step execution to identify the source of the problem.

3. Can I get help with solving a problem in my Matlab programme?

Yes, there are various resources available to help you solve problems in your Matlab programme. You can consult the Matlab documentation, search online forums and communities, or seek help from experienced Matlab users.

4. What are some common reasons for problems in a Matlab programme?

Some common reasons for problems in a Matlab programme include syntax errors, incorrect use of functions or commands, compatibility issues with operating systems or hardware, and lack of understanding of Matlab's programming concepts.

5. How can I prevent problems in my Matlab programme?

To prevent problems in your Matlab programme, it is essential to have a solid understanding of the programming language and its syntax. It is also crucial to test your code frequently, use proper coding practices, and keep your Matlab software and tools up to date.