Can AI and Voice Control Adjust Music Volume with Fuzzy Membership Function?

In summary: I will definitely speak to my professor about this.In summary, the problem is that I need to implement hardware into the project in order to control the music's volume.
Madness_hero
Was given an assignment to create an AI that can control the music's volume by using fuzzy membership function (slightly soft, soft, loud, very loud) via voice control but the problem is we need to implement hardware into the project because my course is Electronic Engineering.

So far, I've only got the idea to write the program using Matlab and then by using the MIC to control the volume by saying the commands and then the software will process everything and then the music will play from the speakers.
But so far, I can't think of a way to include hardware into this project.

Can someone help me please...

Physics news on Phys.org
How about using four comparators with different thresholds? Whenever the signal crosses a threshold, the comparator turn ons. The result is a four-bit "thermometer code," like this:

0000 : no comparators tripped; no signal
0001 : only the lowest-threshold thermometer tripped; slightly soft
0011 : two comparators tripped, soft
0111 : three comparators tripped, loud
1111 : four comparators tripped, very loud

Since there will be pulses on each of these signals in time with the music, you might want to take a moving average of them, etc.

- Warren

but it requires an analog voice input, how to link it to the comparators?

Try wires.

- Warren

chroot said:
Since there will be pulses on each of these signals in time with the music, you might want to take a moving average of them, etc.

- Warren
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand this part.

and can I do the project like this :
I burn the Matlab programming into an IC and then run it with the 4 comparators.
The MIC will be connected to this circuit which will then connect to the speaker.
So when I say the command, the IC will read it and produce the significant signal to the comparator and then the speaker's volume will react to the comparator's results.

I'm sorry, but if you think you can simply burn MATLAB programming into an integrated circuit, I don't think you have the expertise to attempt this project. I don't really have to walk you through details like connecting a signal to a comparator. I suggest that you speak to your professor.

- Warren

thank you for being straight forward

1. How does AI technology control the volume of music?

AI music volume control uses machine learning algorithms to analyze the music being played and adjust the volume levels in real-time based on the surrounding environment and user preferences. This allows for a more seamless and personalized listening experience.

2. Can AI music volume control adjust volume levels for different parts of a song?

Yes, AI music volume control can adjust the volume levels for different parts of a song, such as the chorus or a solo, to ensure that each part is heard at the desired volume without the need for manual adjustments.

3. Does AI music volume control work with all types of music?

Yes, AI music volume control can work with any type of music, as it is able to analyze and adjust volume levels based on the specific audio characteristics of each song.

4. How accurate is AI music volume control in adjusting volume levels?

AI music volume control is highly accurate, as it continuously learns and adapts to the user's preferences and the surrounding environment. It can make precise adjustments to volume levels in real-time, ensuring a consistent and personalized listening experience.

5. Is AI music volume control only available on certain devices?

No, AI music volume control can be implemented on a variety of devices, including smartphones, speakers, and music streaming platforms. As long as the device is equipped with AI technology and the necessary sensors, it can utilize AI music volume control.