Is This 2 Year Old Really a Chain Smoker?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chain Year
In summary: I'm just bitter.In summary, Ardi Rizal is a 2 year old boy who started smoking when he was 18 months old. His father gave him one when he was 18 months old and his father supports his habit. Reasons why I am glad my father didn't bring me up...or maybe I'm just bitter.
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought quitting smoking was a concern only in the developed parts of the world..

lol wow the way that kid handles the cigarette... weird... he must be some sort of fat midget that looks like a child or something.

EDIT: It's in the news also!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...g-pictures-of-smoking-toddler-Ardi-Rizal.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/26/ardi-rizal-smoking-video_n_590404.html

Even TIME got on the story already hahahaa:
According to statistics cited by the Daily Mail, nearly 3 percent of five to nine year olds in Indonesia are active smokers. Ardi, to his detriment, started prodigiously early.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/05/27/why-is-this-2-year-old-boy-smoking/

It's simply sick to allow and promote a child to smoke. And this is a 2-year old!
I have no other words but rather feelings of utter disgust for the parents.

How does a 2 year old get started smoking? Does he just reach for his parent's cigarettes and lights one up? or did he got any assistance, or was he forced to smoke by someone older?

waht said:
How does a 2 year old get started smoking? Does he just reach for his parent's cigarettes and lights one up? or did he got any assistance, or was he forced to smoke by someone older?

Yeah. Either/or.

waht said:
His father gave him one when he was 18 months old. His father supports his habit.

Reasons why I I am glad my father didn't bring me up...

What is a 2 year old chain smoker?

A 2 year old chain smoker is a child who has been exposed to secondhand smoke from birth and has developed a habit of frequently smoking cigarettes at a young age.

How does a 2 year old become a chain smoker?

A 2 year old can become a chain smoker through exposure to secondhand smoke from parents or caregivers who smoke. This exposure can lead to the child developing a nicotine addiction and seeking out cigarettes to satisfy their cravings.

What are the health risks for a 2 year old chain smoker?

The health risks for a 2 year old chain smoker are similar to those for adult smokers, including increased risk of respiratory infections, asthma, and lung cancer. Additionally, young children are more vulnerable to the effects of nicotine and can experience developmental issues and behavioral problems.

Can a 2 year old chain smoker quit smoking?

While it is possible for a 2 year old to quit smoking, it is extremely difficult due to the strong nicotine addiction and lack of understanding of the consequences. It is important for parents and caregivers to seek help and support in helping the child quit smoking.

How can we prevent a 2 year old from becoming a chain smoker?

The best way to prevent a 2 year old from becoming a chain smoker is to eliminate their exposure to secondhand smoke. This includes not smoking around the child and creating a smoke-free environment. It is also important for parents and caregivers to be good role models and not smoke themselves.