Slugs love to move it, move it

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary: Interesting, was the slug actually responding to music, or were they playing the music in sync with the snail's movements?That's funny! I wonder if someone was touching the back of the snail in time to the "move it"?Great. Even slugs have better dance moves than me.Somehow I think they were blowing from the back.Great. Even slugs have better dance moves than me.:rofl: You and me both.Somehow I think they were blowing from the back.It looks as if the slug is responding to the sound vibrations moving through either the air, or through the glass/plastic that it is sitting on. It seems to respond more to the deeper frequencies of the songs harmon
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Slugs love to "move it, move it!"

http://www.sol.no/klipps/video/sneglen_elsker_90_talls_eurodance_se_selv

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

:rofl:...so goofy...

Interesting, was the slug actually responding to music, or were they playing the music in sync with the snail's movements?

That's funny! I wonder if someone was touching the back of the snail in time to the "move it"?

Great. Even slugs have better dance moves than me.

Somehow I think they were blowing from the back.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Great. Even slugs have better dance moves than me.
:rofl: You and me both.

Borek said:
Somehow I think they were blowing from the back.

It looks as if the slug is responding to the sound vibrations moving through either the air, or through the glass/plastic that it is sitting on.

It seems to respond more to the deeper frequencies of the songs harmonics.

It could be a natural response to a perceived threat from the deeper resonance.

Or...the container could be tickling it's belly with the vibrations from the vocalizations.

A slug vibrator? :yuck:

Edit for: "No where on the forum is speculation of this sort allowed." .... "Evo"

Seems to be three or four speculations in the above replies...Hmmmmm.

Favorites or a double standard?

Don't worry about the ban ...I am GONE.

Last edited:

MrREC said:
Edit for: "No where on the forum is speculation of this sort allowed." .... "Evo"

Seems to be three or four speculations in the above replies...Hmmmmm.

Favorites or a double standard?

Speculations? :uhh: People are making jokes about a slug dancing.

Buh-bye!

MrREC said:

Good Riddance! The last thing we need is a self-professed expert who paradoxically admits that they have no education in the fields they are an expert in.

As for the slugs; :rofl:

1. What are slugs?

Slugs are a type of mollusk that belong to the class Gastropoda. They are characterized by their soft, slimy bodies and lack of a shell.

2. Why do slugs love to move it, move it?

Slugs are highly mobile creatures and use their muscular foot to glide along a layer of slime that they produce. This allows them to move quickly and efficiently through their environment.

3. Where can I find slugs?

Slugs can be found in a variety of habitats, including gardens, forests, and wetlands. They are most active at night and are often found in damp, dark places.

4. What do slugs eat?

Slugs are primarily herbivorous and feed on a variety of plant materials such as leaves, fruits, and vegetables. They also eat fungi and decaying organic matter.

5. How do slugs reproduce?

Slugs are hermaphrodites, meaning they possess both male and female reproductive organs. They mate by exchanging sperm with another slug and then lay eggs in a moist environment.