Looking for a comprehensive servo motor book?

In summary, a servo motor is an electromechanical device used for controlling the position, speed, and acceleration of a mechanical system. A servo motor book can provide valuable information on its design, operation, and applications, as well as troubleshooting tips. There are different types of servo motors, including AC, DC, linear, and rotary, each with unique features and applications. When selecting a servo motor, factors such as torque, speed, accuracy, and power requirements should be considered. Servo motors can be controlled with a microcontroller using a PWM signal.
ffp
Hi, I'm wroking in a project about robotics that uses servo motors. Can someone recommend me a book that completely detail how a servor motor work. If it includes robotics would be great.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's not a book, but this is the second result Google gave me when I looke up "how servo motors work":
http://www.aishack.in/2010/07/how-servo-motors-work/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a servo motor?

A servo motor is an electromechanical device that is used to control the position, speed, and acceleration of a mechanical system. It typically consists of a motor, a feedback sensor, and a control system.

2. Why do I need a servo motor book?

A servo motor book can provide valuable information on the design, operation, and applications of servo motors. It can also offer troubleshooting tips and techniques for optimizing their performance.

3. What are the different types of servo motors?

There are several types of servo motors, including AC, DC, linear, and rotary servo motors. Each type has its own unique features and applications, so it is important to understand the differences when choosing the right one for your project.

4. How do I select the right servo motor for my project?

When selecting a servo motor, you should consider factors such as torque, speed, accuracy, and power requirements. You should also determine the specific application and environment in which the motor will be used.

5. Can I control a servo motor with a microcontroller?

Yes, servo motors can be controlled with a microcontroller using a pulse width modulation (PWM) signal. The microcontroller can send signals to the servo motor's control system, which adjusts the motor's position accordingly.