Leg Efficiency: 0.35 (35%) - Sources & Links

• Thread starter Outblaze
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Efficiency
In summary, the conversation discusses the leg efficiency for humans, which is estimated to be 35%, and the need for a credible source to support this information. The remaining 65% of leg efficiency is not specified. A suggested article comparing the efficiencies of mice and humans while running is shared, which quotes humans' leg efficiencies at up to 50%. However, the article is written from an athletic perspective rather than a biological one. A link to the article is provided for further reading.
Outblaze
I know the leg efficiency for humans is 0.35 (or 35%) but I need a source to corroborate it.

Are there any available links at anyone's disposal that I may use to cite?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you don't mind my asking, what does it mean, that the leg efficiency is of 35%?

And how is the remaining 65% distributed?

I didn't know anything about this, but google gives a very nice article comparing the efficiencies of mice and humans whilst running. Incidentally, the article quotes humans' "leg efficiencies" at up to 50%, depending on a number of factors. The article is, however, written from an athletics point of view, rather than any kind of bio anth.

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0950b.htm

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

What does "Leg Efficiency: 0.35 (35%)" mean?

The term "Leg Efficiency" refers to the ability of a leg or limb to convert energy into motion or work. The number 0.35 or 35% indicates the percentage of energy that is converted into motion, with the remaining percentage being lost as heat or other forms of energy.

How is leg efficiency measured?

Leg efficiency can be measured using various methods, such as force plates, motion analysis, and electromyography. These techniques allow for the quantification of the forces and movements involved in leg motion, which can then be used to calculate efficiency.

What factors affect leg efficiency?

There are several factors that can affect leg efficiency, including muscle strength, joint mobility, coordination, and overall fitness level. Additionally, external factors such as footwear, terrain, and environmental conditions can also impact leg efficiency.

What are some examples of sources and links related to leg efficiency?

Some sources and links related to leg efficiency include research studies, scientific journals, and articles from reputable health and fitness websites. Additionally, consulting with a sports scientist or physical therapist can also provide valuable information on improving leg efficiency.

How can leg efficiency be improved?

Leg efficiency can be improved through various means, such as strength and conditioning exercises, proper technique and form during physical activities, and maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. It is also essential to listen to your body and avoid overtraining, as this can negatively impact leg efficiency.