Troubleshooting MS Explorer Installation for Home Page Issues

• Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
In summary, Pete's computer was hijacked and the homepage was changed to a web page that was not the one that he had set up.
pmb_phy
How does one go about fixing the instalation of MS Explorer? Everytime I A log on and bring it up the home page it goes to is C:\WINDOWS\system32\msblank.html and not to the page I set up for a home page.

Confused and tired Pete :confused: :zzz:

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think you're referring to the MS Internet Explorer web browser which is not the same as MS Explorer. What you are describing sounds like a problem with a proxy. Are you using one and do you have IEs proxy settings specified correctly?

Of course, it's possible your pc has been infected by some nasty bug that has hijacked your homepage.

Last edited:
Tide said:
I think you're referring to the MS Internet Explorer web browser which is not the same as MS Explorer. What you are describing sounds like a problem with a proxy. Are you using one and do you have IEs proxy settings specified correctly?
I have no idea.
Of course, it's possible your pc has been infect by some nasty bug that has hijacked your homepage.
Figures. That'd be just my luck so you're probably right.

Pete

I would get lavasoft's adaware as well as spybot search and destroy .. spyware often pushes people to pages just to make them think they have a problem.. then a popup promises to fix the problem the spyware causes.. people pay to 'fix' it.. and all that happens is the spyware no longer causes that problem.. causes a different one and tosses up a different ad. I really wouldn't use IE for internet unless you have to.

theres a great little tool to recover from this called hijackthis available Here with a tutorial HERE.
alternativly download and run hijackthis and head over to http://castlecops.com/ and post you log file. someone there will tell you what is safe to delete. Plus maybe you should consider using firefox

I agree with dmail. Go for firefox. But if you are careful, you can search you Registry and fix it manually.

1. Why is my MS Explorer home page not loading correctly?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. One possibility is that there is a problem with the internet connection. Another possibility is that there is an issue with the MS Explorer settings or configuration. It could also be caused by a virus or malware on your computer.

2. How can I fix my MS Explorer home page not loading?

First, make sure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. If that is not the issue, try resetting the MS Explorer settings to default. You can also run a virus scan to check for any malware that may be causing the problem.

3. Why does my MS Explorer home page keep changing to a different site?

This could be caused by a browser hijacker or malware on your computer. These types of programs can change your browser settings without your consent. It is important to run a virus scan and remove any malicious programs on your computer.

4. How do I change my MS Explorer home page to a specific site?

To change your home page in MS Explorer, click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Internet Options." In the General tab, you can enter the URL of the website you want to set as your home page. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.

5. Can I have multiple home pages in MS Explorer?

Yes, you can have multiple home pages in MS Explorer. To do this, go to the General tab in Internet Options and click on the "Use current" button next to "Home page." This will add all the tabs you currently have open as your home pages. You can also manually enter multiple URLs separated by a semicolon.