Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners

In summary, the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands is awarding a doctorate to a researcher who wrote a paper on marriages between humans and robots. The researcher, who has not been identified, believes that there are many advantages to having a robot wife, including a power off button, a reset button, and a motor that is easier to program. The movie Blade Runner had inter-appliance sex, and the concept of human-robot marriages makes me think of The Stepford Wives. The robot prostitute in AI.i.e. a power off button, a reset button, was based on a story from Philip K. Dick. Battlestar Galactica has some absolutely gorgeous robots, and I am signed
Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose there ARE many advantages to having a robot wife.

i.e. a power off button, a reset button.

I think I'll stick with homo sapiens for now though...

Sign me up for a Hubby-Tron. :smile:

The Miracles said:
I'm just a love machine and I won't work for nobody but you
I'm just a love machine ..... A hugging kissing fiend

I think it's high time you knew
Whenever I think of you
My mind blows a fuse
When I look in your eyes
My meter starts to rise
And I become confused
My motor cranked electric goes
When I'm sitting next to you
Electricity starts to flow
And my indicator starts to glow

I'm gentle as a lamb
I'm not that hard to program
There's no way that you can lose
Chassis fits like a glove
I've got a button for love
That you've got to use (push it push it baby)
If you look into my power
I am sure you can find out how
To turn me on just set my dial
And let me love you for a little while ooooooh

The movie Blade Runner had inter-appliance sex. The movie was based on the book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", by Philip K. Dick, but I don't remember if the sex was in the book.

Battlestar Galactica has some absolutely gorgeous robots...

Math Is Hard said:

I'm already saving for my Cherry 2000

There was some mention of sex between humans a robots in one of Asimov's books if I remember...

I'm reminded of this quote from the first episode of Futurama:

FRY: Wait, you're the only friend I have...
BENDER: You really want a robot for a friend?
FRY: Yeah, ever since I was six.
BENDER: Well, okay, but I don't want people thinking we're robosexuals, so if anyone asks, you're my debugger.

Robot pickup lines:
You have a loose screw and I know just how to fix it.
Would you like to go back to my place and see my RAM?

There was the robot male prostitute in AI.

Last edited:
dontdisturbmycircles said:

Mute! Mute! Mute!

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
I suppose there ARE many advantages to having a robot wife.

I think I'll stick with homo sapiens for now though...

Great!:!)
Zoobie said:
Regardless, the concept of human-robot marriages makes me think of The Stepford Wives, for obvious reasons.

I beg your pardon?
5.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3710987618964917848&q=guys+and+dolls&total=2087&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa! said:
I beg your pardon?[PLAIN]http://pic4ever.com/images/5.gif[/QUOTE]
What?!? What'd I say??

zoobyshoe said:
What?!? What'd I say??

Zooby, just say you were wrong and apologize. Trust me, it's the only way.

wait, would robot chicks look anything like this?:

http://www.filmski.net/slike/automatika/films/329d.jpg

mmm, Terminatrix :!) I don't care what they say about you being a machine sent from the future to destroy the human race, we can make it work!

Math Is Hard said:
yet another point for robot wives ... I'm not helping, am I.

moe darklight said:
mmm, Terminatrix :!) I don't care what they say about you being a machine sent from the future to destroy the human race, we can make it work!

Don't forget your true love, Moe:

Ocellated-Lizard.jpg

You'd think that whoever was building the robots would have had the sense to leave out the "I want to get married" program.

zoobyshoe said:
Don't forget your true love, Moe:

Ocellated-Lizard.jpg

ah! :tongue: careful, I can shoot you with my laser missiles!

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
What?!? What'd I say??

Math Is Hard said:

:approve::approve:

Lisa! said:
:approve::approve:
I hope you got the flowers. I called the first flower vendor I could reach by phone in Teheran and ordered a big bouquet addressed to Lisa!. It could be I was talking to a hardware store, though. I don't speak Farsi.

What is an "intimate relationship with artificial partners"?

An intimate relationship with artificial partners refers to a romantic or sexual relationship between a human and an artificial partner, such as a robot or virtual reality character.

Why do people pursue intimate relationships with artificial partners?

There are a variety of reasons why people may pursue intimate relationships with artificial partners. Some may do so for companionship, sexual gratification, or to fulfill a desire for control or power. Others may have difficulty forming relationships with other humans due to social anxiety or other issues. Additionally, some may see artificial partners as a way to explore and experiment with their own sexuality without fear of judgment or rejection.

Are intimate relationships with artificial partners ethical?

This is a complex and debated topic. Some argue that as long as the artificial partner is not sentient and is not being harmed, it is ethical. Others argue that it objectifies and dehumanizes both the human and the artificial partner, and may contribute to a society that values and prioritizes technology over human connection.

Can intimate relationships with artificial partners replace human relationships?

While technology has advanced to the point where some people may feel fulfilled by their relationships with artificial partners, it is unlikely that they can fully replace the complexity and depth of human relationships. Additionally, humans have a fundamental need for social connection and emotional intimacy that may not be fully met by an artificial partner.

What are the potential implications of intimate relationships with artificial partners?

There are a number of potential implications of intimate relationships with artificial partners, including ethical considerations, societal impacts, and psychological effects on individuals. For example, it may lead to a blurring of boundaries between humans and technology, or contribute to a decrease in empathy and emotional intelligence. It is important for society to carefully consider and discuss these implications as technology continues to advance.