Free (open sourceish?) physics book

In summary, there are several resources available for learning about electromagnetism and related topics, such as magnetic forces. MIT offers a course on electromagnetism and other topics through its OpenCourseWare website, and many other universities have made their lecture notes and books available for free online. The Feynman lectures are also available, though their copyright status is uncertain. Overall, a quick Google search will yield many options for learning about electromagnetism at various levels.
s09
Anyone know of one online? A PDF would be awesome. Also, if it delves into magnets, magnetism and magnetic forces in-depth (nothing too crazy, no new whacky theories), that would hit gold, gold I tell ya!

Physics news on Phys.org
MIT resources:
http://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/physics/electromagnetism/electromagnetic-induction/
... + other topics: have a play.
(A lot of colleges have been putting their course-notes online.)

The Feynman lectures are available in a torrent - though I don't think they will be out of copyright and I don't know the terms.

There's quite a few pdf's for gratis and even cc download within an easy google and they look very similar. Which level are you looking for?

Simon Bridge said:
MIT resources:
http://ocw.mit.edu/high-school/physics/electromagnetism/electromagnetic-induction/
... + other topics: have a play.
(A lot of colleges have been putting their course-notes online.)

The Feynman lectures are available in a torrent - though I don't think they will be out of copyright and I don't know the terms.

There's quite a few pdf's for gratis and even cc download within an easy google and they look very similar. Which level are you looking for?

Thanks.

1. What is a free (open sourceish?) physics book?

A free (open sourceish?) physics book is a textbook or educational resource that is available for public use without any cost or licensing restrictions. It may also refer to a book that is created collaboratively and freely shared among a community of users.

2. Is a free (open sourceish?) physics book reliable?

Yes, a free (open sourceish?) physics book can be just as reliable as a traditional, commercially published textbook. Many free physics books are written and reviewed by experts in the field and undergo a rigorous editing and fact-checking process.

3. Can I modify and redistribute a free (open sourceish?) physics book?

Yes, in most cases, free (open sourceish?) physics books are licensed under Creative Commons or other open source licenses that allow for modification and redistribution. However, it is important to check the specific terms of the license before making any modifications or redistributing the book.

4. How can I access a free (open sourceish?) physics book?

There are several ways to access a free (open sourceish?) physics book. Many are available for download on the internet, while others may be accessed through online libraries or educational platforms. Some universities also provide free access to open source textbooks for their students.

5. Are there any disadvantages to using a free (open sourceish?) physics book?

One potential disadvantage of using a free (open sourceish?) physics book is that it may not cover all the topics or be as comprehensive as a traditional textbook. Additionally, since they are often created collaboratively, the writing style and organization may vary between chapters and sections. It is important to carefully review the book before using it as a primary resource for studying or teaching.