Polarization Hysteresis Ciruit

In summary, the conversation focused on measuring electric polarization hysteresis loop and the necessary circuit to do so, specifically the Sawyer-Tower Circuit. The circuit typically consists of a resistor and a capacitance, but the exact values needed were not specified. It was also mentioned that for certain materials, the charge release can be slow and requires complete disconnection of the capacitor and a waiting period.
welatiger
Hi all,
I want to measure electric polarization hysteresis loop so i need the electric circuit to measure it.
The circuit mostly contains a resistor and a capacitance, i need to what is the exact value of them ?

Please tell me if there is a reference for that
Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
welatiger said:
Hi all,
I want to measure electric polarization hysteresis loop so i need the electric circuit to measure it.
The circuit mostly contains a resistor and a capacitance, i need to what is the exact value of them ?

Please tell me if there is a reference for that
Thank you

note : the circuit called Sawyer-Tower Circuit

Depending on the material, charge release can be very slow, for instance in electrolytic capacitors. In such a case, the only sensible circuit is to disconnect completely the capacitor, keep it clean in a dry atmosphere, and reconnect it only for the measure. It can take several days before the last 0.1% of charge is released, while the first 20% which are absorbed by polarization are available in few seconds.

What is a polarization hysteresis circuit?

A polarization hysteresis circuit is an electronic circuit that uses a nonlinear element, such as a diode, to control the flow of current. It allows for a specific voltage range to be maintained, acting as a buffer against fluctuations in power supply voltage.

How does a polarization hysteresis circuit work?

A polarization hysteresis circuit works by using a diode in reverse bias. This causes the diode to act as a switch, only allowing current to flow when the supply voltage is within a specific range. As the voltage increases or decreases outside of this range, the diode switches off, preventing any changes in the output voltage.

What are the applications of polarization hysteresis circuits?

Polarization hysteresis circuits are commonly used in electronic systems to stabilize power supply voltages. They are also used in instrumentation circuits, audio amplifiers, and signal processing circuits to prevent distortion caused by fluctuations in voltage.

What are the advantages of using a polarization hysteresis circuit?

One advantage of using a polarization hysteresis circuit is its ability to maintain a stable output voltage, even when there are fluctuations in the input voltage. It also has a simple design and can be easily implemented into various electronic systems.

Are there any limitations to using a polarization hysteresis circuit?

One limitation of using a polarization hysteresis circuit is that it can only stabilize the output voltage within a specific range. If the input voltage exceeds this range, the output voltage will also fluctuate. Additionally, the use of a nonlinear element, such as a diode, can introduce some distortion to the output signal.