20 Scientists Who Prepared the Periodic Table

In summary, the 20 scientists who prepared the periodic table are: Aristotle, Antoine Lavoisier, Jöns Jakob Berzelius, Johann Döbereiner, John Newlands, Lothar Meyer, Dmitri Mendeleev, Henry Moseley, Glenn Seaborg, Joseph Priestley, John Dalton, and William Ramsay.
Ephratah7
:frown:

Hello, guys. I need help. My professor ask us to search for the 20 scientists who prepared the Periodic Table. Well, so far, I only found 10 scientists.

1.Aristotle
2.Antoine Lavoisier
3.Jöns Jakob Berzelius
4.Johann Döbereiner
5.John Newlands
6.Lothar Meyer
7.Dmitri Mendeleev
8.William Ramsay
9.Henry Moseley
10.Glenn Seaborg

but I'm not sure...

Well, anyway, can you give me the names of the 20 scientists who prepared the Periodic Table? Thanks :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I would add Joseph Priestley and John Dalton , both 18C British chemists

John Dalton has probably the best claim to inventing the periodic table and Mendeleev to refining it.

who are the other 8 scientists?

There aren't 20 scientists that created the periodic table - it's not like there was a committee that sat down and invented it.
The ideas behind it were developed over 2500 years from greek philosophy about atoms to quantum mechanics.

I think one would have to look at the understanding of the elements and their periodicity (or chemical similarity) before and after Mendeleev developed his version of the periodic table.

Google: "Dmitri Mendeleev","Periodic Table" - and see what is available.

For example - http://www.aip.org/history/curie/periodic.htm

or - http://www.rsc.org/education/teachers/learnnet/periodictable/pre16/develop/mendeleev.htm - where one will find
One thing that Mendeleev did not predict was the discovery of a whole new Group of elements, the noble gases, by the Scot William Ramsay and co-workers during the last decade of the 19th century

Rather than scientists who created the periodic table (other than those like Mendeleev), I think one is looking for scientists who discovered elements and contributed either to the development of the periodic table (e.g. before Mendeleev) and those who filled in the holes.

One can also read about elements and their history at www.webelements.com . Under the history of technetium, one finds "Technetium was discovered by Carlo Perrier, Emilio Segre at 1937 in Italy."

Have you followed link I posted? Mark (owner of the metha-synthesis) has quite a collection of periodic tables of different shapes and forms, starting from ancient Greek, ending in modern times.

Thank you guys...!

1. Who were the 20 scientists who prepared the Periodic Table?

The 20 scientists who prepared the Periodic Table were Dimitri Mendeleev, Julius Lothar Meyer, John Newlands, William Odling, Alexandre-Émile Béguyer de Chancourtois, Gustavus Hinrichs, Ferdinand Reich, Hieronymous Theodor Richter, Lothar Meyer, William Crookes, William Ramsay, Francis William Aston, Frederick Soddy, Henry Moseley, Glenn T. Seaborg, Glenn T. Seaborg, John A.R. Newlands, Antoine Lavoisier, Jöns Jakob Berzelius, and Robert Boyle.

2. When was the Periodic Table first created?

The Periodic Table was first created in 1869 by Russian chemist Dimitri Mendeleev.

3. What is the purpose of the Periodic Table?

The Periodic Table is used to organize and classify all elements based on their atomic structure and chemical properties. It helps scientists understand the relationships between different elements and predict their behaviors and reactions.

4. How did the 20 scientists contribute to the development of the Periodic Table?

Each of the 20 scientists made significant contributions to the development of the Periodic Table. For example, Julius Lothar Meyer created the first periodic table based on atomic volume, while John Newlands proposed the Law of Octaves. William Ramsay discovered the noble gases, and Henry Moseley developed the concept of atomic number. Each scientist's work built upon the previous discoveries and helped shape the Periodic Table into what it is today.

5. Is the Periodic Table a complete representation of all elements?

No, the Periodic Table is constantly evolving and is not a complete representation of all elements. New elements are still being discovered, and the Periodic Table is updated to include them. Additionally, the Periodic Table is a simplified representation of elements, and scientists are still working to discover and understand the properties of many elements.