What Are Suitable Bachelor Thesis Topics in Quantum Physics and Algebra?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a subject for a bachelor thesis in physics. The OP has a background in quantum physics and abstract algebra and has purchased three books to help with their future interests. They are looking for tips on finding a subject that is not too heavily focused on quantum field theory. A suggestion is given to explore the Klein Paradox and explaining the real-life consequences of the parameters of the Standard Model. However, it is noted that this advice may not be helpful for the OP as it is 12 years too late.
Hymne
Hello Guys!
I´m currently trying to find a subject for my bachelor thesis that I´m going to write after christmas..
I have a Bachelor degree in physics which means I have a good basis in Quantum physics and have also studied abstract algebra beside.

I have bought three books which I think will help me with my interest in the future and it would be nice if i got to use some om these. :)

1) Sakurai - Modern Quantum Mechanics
2) Zee - Quantum Field Theory in a nutshell
3) Nakahara - Geometry, topology and physics

My first wish is to find some kind of "paradox" or interesting subject which doesn't need to much QFT but just a introduction to the basis.
Gah, I don't know really.. come with tips! :)

// Hymne

Likes vanhees71
Physics news on Phys.org
The Klein Paradox is fun

Explaining the real life consequences of the running of the parameters of the Standard Model in an experimental setting might be a good balance between being manageable and interesting, and would present an opportunity to demonstrate your mastery of the material.

I question how helpful our advice will be 12 years too late.

Likes ohwilleke
Vanadium 50 said:

For the OP, not so much. For folks who find this thread via Google looking for similar advice, probably helpful. :wink:

Likes vanhees71, ohwilleke and malawi_glenn
Vanadium 50 said:
Maybe will be useful for others if they happen to find thread

Likes vanhees71 and ohwilleke
Well, maybe. In some cases, for sure. This one, not so much - it's pretty specialized.
FWIW, the OP was active for some years afterward, so presumably he finished.

Likes vanhees71 and berkeman

What is a subject for a Bachelor Thesis?

A subject for a Bachelor Thesis is a specific topic or research question that a student chooses to investigate and write about in order to earn their Bachelor's degree in a scientific field. It is usually related to the student's major and involves original research and analysis.

How do I choose a subject for my Bachelor Thesis?

Choosing a subject for your Bachelor Thesis can be a daunting task. It is important to select a topic that you are passionate about and that aligns with your academic interests and goals. You can also consult with your professors, do some preliminary research, and consider any current issues or gaps in the field that you would like to address.

Can I change my subject for my Bachelor Thesis once I have started?

Yes, it is possible to change your subject for your Bachelor Thesis, but it is important to discuss this with your academic advisor first. Changing your subject may require additional time and resources, and it is important to make sure that you have enough time to complete your thesis before graduation.

What is the typical length of a Bachelor Thesis?

The length of a Bachelor Thesis can vary depending on the specific requirements of your program or university. However, most Bachelor Theses are between 30-50 pages long, not including references or appendices. It is important to consult with your academic advisor for specific guidelines and expectations for the length of your thesis.

Do I need to conduct original research for my Bachelor Thesis?

Yes, a Bachelor Thesis typically involves conducting original research. This can include collecting and analyzing data, conducting experiments, or performing literature reviews. The purpose of a Bachelor Thesis is to demonstrate your ability to contribute new insights or knowledge to your field of study through original research.