Explanation of gravity, am I in the ballpark?

In summary, the speaker is sharing a theory about gravitational forces in relation to finite space-time and vibrating objects on the same frequency. They also mention the role of light in particle interactions and invite further discussion in the Independent Research Forum.
usp8riot
I was posting this on sciforums and it hasn't been debated yet so looking for opinions. But this forum is even better for physics discussions but I forgot the link to it since I used to visit here a couple years back. Anyhow, I will copy and paste my reply about gravitational forces:

'What about this theory? Suppose we take a string, say, a few feet long, it's dangling down, and we move it, to make a wave with it. As the wave is existant, the string of course is shorter in length. Of course, it's not shorter, still the same true length but in a linear measurement, it is shorter. Now let's relate that to finite space-time. Whether it is finite or infinite, doesn't matter. It will only be infinite in the future, but at present, space-time is a finite length at this moment in time. So when an object posits a wave, it creates a vacuum in space-time which attracts the objects, hence gravity. Space is non-linear just as the environment with the string but time is linear, as the string is. And when the string stops, it's not positing a force, therefore, no attraction.

Gravity happens when you have two like objects on the same frequency that happen to run into each other. If I put both of my hands in water, moved one, then the other is going to want to follow. The inducer of the action creates a vacuum that attracts the other hand. Imagine when we have vibrating objects in a three dimensional space crowded along with other objects that are operating on the same frequency or close. One may meet another by chance, while on the same frequency at the same time, so roughly they both get caught in each others vacuum or vortex of time-space. Just like if we all moved our hands around, back and forth in a bathtub, eventually one of us is going to meet another one moving their hands in roughly the same frequency and that frequency will increase in strength. That explains the initial attraction. Now when two of us are on the same frequency or caught in the same vortex, others will likely to chance by and get caught in the same vortex. Imagine a 3D space with the same happening except with a 3D spherical object. As one gets caught in the frequency of another, it creates a stronger positive vacuum force towards the the initial objects. That vacuum force of other objects being pulled in faster and stronger, creates even a stronger vacuum force which exponentially increases the strength of the vacuum as attraction increases, sort of explaining how a black hole operates. But this is assuming the moving particles which emit waves are vibrating back and forth, not in a radial patter of course. But seems to me, the law of perfection or opposites which I seemed to have dreamed up, states that it would be inefficient for the objects to vibrate any other way but back and forth, instead of radially like a vibrating toothbrush. After all, we are on the same track here that all we see, hear, feel, touch, sense is caused by waves of some kind, aren't we? Without movement, action, force to create waves, the universe would be null. Which would be a very inefficient use of space for a perfect God. I assure you all the real estate we have is here to be used and not null space.

Light is a different story. It has less magnitude. What light does is temporarily pushes particles in the 3D space and that particle pushes back with the same sudden quick force which pushes the particles back to our eyes. I think of it like water in the ocean. Because that's pretty much what our universe is, just a sea of particles pushing and pulling each other, attracting and repulsing. Light is like a quick punch which reverberates back which of course is a different frequency/amplitude than gravity. Anyhow, that's about 30 minutes of thinking. Surely I'm missing something if I think that answered your question. That's my theory of light and gravitation anyway, but then again, I'm only high school educated and self taught in a few other areas.'

Another post:

'I'm surprised no one has debated my theory yet. Especially if I mention God in it, someone will quickly want to refute it. But just to elaborate on my theory, this involves any particle down to the quantum or even sub-quantum level which has energy. Just as two vibrating particles come together, energy is converted between the two. Even if both particles are just as active and on the same frequency, eventually if they are close enough, they will latch on or sync up to each other's wave frequencies and energy is hence transferred between the two. They are running synchronously together, synched up when we see gravity affecting the particles.

Light on the other hand, runs at a stronger, more intense frequency. Take the hand in the bathtub model, for instance, or could be a pool. If my hand is a lot bigger and stronger than yours, and operating 10 times as fast, and I move my hand towards yours while vibrating it back and forth, say a few inches and slower, it won't be nearly as affected by the synchronicity of your hand or anyone elses who is synchronous to yours.
But that is light and gravity summed up on the molecular/atomic/quantum> scale.'

I know it's a long post so thanks for the time to read it. Yes, I know it's a bit vague but will elaborate if wished.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The General Physics forum is not the place to discuss and debate personal theories. If you would like to discuss your ideas, we invite you to submit a post to the Independent Research Forum, subject to the applicable guidelines, found https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=82301.

I appreciate your willingness to share your theory and engage in discussions about gravity. However, I must point out that your theory lacks evidence and is not supported by current scientific understanding of gravity.

Firstly, your analogy of a vibrating string creating a vacuum in space-time does not accurately explain gravity. Gravity is not a result of a vacuum, but rather it is a force that arises from the curvature of space-time caused by the presence of mass or energy. This curvature is described by Einstein's theory of general relativity, which has been extensively tested and confirmed through various experiments and observations.

Moreover, your theory suggests that gravity is caused by particles vibrating and syncing up with each other. This is not supported by current understanding of gravity, which is a fundamental force of nature that acts between all objects with mass or energy, regardless of their frequency or vibrations.

Additionally, you mention God and refer to your theory as a "law of perfection." While I respect your personal beliefs, it is important to keep religious or philosophical beliefs separate from scientific theories. Scientific theories are based on evidence and are constantly being tested and refined, while religious or philosophical beliefs are based on faith and personal interpretation.

In conclusion, while your theory may be interesting to consider, it is not supported by scientific evidence and does not align with our current understanding of gravity. I encourage you to continue learning about gravity and engaging in scientific discussions, but also to keep an open mind and be willing to revise your ideas based on new evidence and understanding.

1. What is gravity?

Gravity is a natural force that causes objects with mass to attract each other. It is responsible for the Earth's orbit around the Sun, as well as the Moon's orbit around the Earth.

2. How does gravity work?

Gravity works by creating a force between objects with mass. The strength of this force depends on the mass of the objects and the distance between them. The larger the mass and the closer the distance, the stronger the force of gravity.

3. What is the theory of gravity?

The theory of gravity, also known as the law of universal gravitation, was first proposed by Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century. It states that every object in the universe attracts every other object with a force that is directly proportional to their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

4. How does gravity affect the motion of objects?

Gravity affects the motion of objects by pulling them towards the center of the Earth. This force is what gives objects weight and causes them to fall towards the ground. It also plays a role in the orbits of planets and other celestial bodies.

5. Can gravity be explained by Einstein's theory of relativity?

Yes, Einstein's theory of relativity includes the concept of gravity as a result of the curvature of space-time caused by the presence of mass. This theory has been proven to be more accurate than Newton's theory of gravity in certain situations, such as near extremely massive objects.