Random Numbered .exe programs

In summary, the person is having a problem with their computer where random numbered .exe programs are trying to contact the DNS server. They suspect it may be related to a recent Windows update. Another person suggests it may be a virus and advises running virus scans in safe mode. The original person plans to delete the programs found in their temp files folder.
Squall
Hi i am having a little bit of a problem for some strange reason my computer is running random numbered .exe programs example: 361921.exe and each one is trying to contact the DNS server. Can anyone tell me what this is or how to fix it.

I think it had something to do with the latest windows update that i downloaded yesterday. If anyone has a clue about what might be happening i will appreciate any advice

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have at least 30 of such processes running at one time

Squall said:
Hi i am having a little bit of a problem for some strange reason my computer is running random numbered .exe programs example: 361921.exe and each one is trying to contact the DNS server. Can anyone tell me what this is or how to fix it.

I think it had something to do with the latest windows update that i downloaded yesterday. If anyone has a clue about what might be happening i will appreciate any advice
It might be a virus. Some replicate and try to circumvent identification by constantly changing their name.

Did the virus scanner show anything?

yes Norton says it is a low risk trying to contact DNS server but when i scanned my pc it came up clean. I found all of the programs in the temp files folder. I am going to attempt to delete them

You can't delete the process exe file while the process is running.

Scan your pc in safe mode with spybot and ad-aware, then your virus program. Do not forget to update them before going to the safe mode.

1. What is a "Random Numbered .exe program"?

A "Random Numbered .exe program" is a computer program that generates random numbers for various purposes. It is usually in the form of a .exe file, which is an executable file that can be run on a computer without any additional software.

2. How do "Random Numbered .exe programs" work?

"Random Numbered .exe programs" work by using a computer algorithm to generate a sequence of numbers that appear random. The algorithm takes a starting point, or seed, and uses mathematical operations to produce a series of numbers that are unpredictable but appear random.

3. What are the uses of "Random Numbered .exe programs"?

There are several uses for "Random Numbered .exe programs". They can be used for computer simulations, statistical analysis, cryptography, and game development. They are also commonly used in gambling and lottery systems.

4. Can "Random Numbered .exe programs" generate truly random numbers?

No, "Random Numbered .exe programs" cannot generate truly random numbers. They use algorithms and mathematical operations to produce numbers that appear random, but they are not truly random as they are based on a starting point or seed.

5. Are "Random Numbered .exe programs" safe to download and use?

It depends on the source and purpose of the program. Some "Random Numbered .exe programs" may contain viruses or malware, so it is important to only download them from trusted sources. It is also important to use them for their intended purpose and not for illegal activities such as cheating in gambling or lottery systems.