Silvaco IC simulation with Athena Atlas

In summary, the conversation is about issues with Silvaco Athena and Atlas simulation of a MOS structure with varying gate length. The user is experiencing an error where the Vth value decreases when the gate length is changed. They are also asking for assistance with including external files for spectral absorption and reflection. Additionally, there is a query on how to apply "Non local band to band" tunneling in Silvaco Atlas for a junctionless device. Another user is seeking help with simulating a solar cell program with GaAsN alloy, where the efficiency should increase with an increase in the number of quantum wells, but is instead decreasing.
tylerli
I have a question about silvaco athena && atlas simulation, MOS structure, when I gate length is 0.6um, get Vth is 1.8V, but I only change gate length to 0.55um, get Vth is 1.6V, it's a error data I know, but I do not know why, what wrong with the program, how can I change it. would you please help about it. Very thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi, i have problem with Silvaco please. when i simulate an PIN solar cell by atlas, an error message appear and say The atlas Silvaco could not open the file called "Solarx01.spec", i know no where is the problem realy! another question: how we can include an external files (.txt) who contains for example the spectral absorption coeficient or the reflexion in the atlas. Thanks

How to apply "Non local band to band" tunneling in Silvaco Atlas for a junctionless device?

hi ,i need help
i simulate a program in silvaco about solar cell with GaAsN alloy and i have a problem
in my program i need that the efficiency when i increase the numbre of the quantum well it should increase to but in my case it decreases
if you have any idea please help me

1. What is Silvaco IC simulation?

Silvaco IC simulation is a computer-aided design tool used by semiconductor companies to simulate and analyze the behavior of integrated circuits. It combines two popular software programs, Athena and Atlas, to provide a comprehensive simulation platform.

2. How does Silvaco IC simulation work?

Silvaco IC simulation uses advanced algorithms and mathematical models to simulate the electrical and physical behavior of an integrated circuit. It takes into account factors such as material properties, device geometries, and operating conditions to accurately predict the performance of the circuit.

3. What are Athena and Atlas?

Athena and Atlas are two separate software programs that are integrated into the Silvaco IC simulation platform. Athena is a device simulator that models the physical properties of semiconductor devices, while Atlas is a process simulator that simulates the fabrication process of the integrated circuit.

4. What types of circuits can be simulated with Silvaco IC simulation?

Silvaco IC simulation can simulate a wide range of integrated circuits, including digital, analog, and mixed-signal designs. It is commonly used for designing and optimizing complex circuits such as microprocessors, memory chips, and power management circuits.

5. What are the benefits of using Silvaco IC simulation?

Silvaco IC simulation offers many benefits to semiconductor companies, including faster design cycles, reduced costs, and improved accuracy. It also allows for the exploration of different design options and optimization of circuit performance before manufacturing, saving time and resources.