Hello & Very Essential Proposition

• Thread starter seven777
  • Start date
In summary, the forum has potential, but needs to be improved in areas such as displaying mathematical formulas and providing more help for beginners.
seven777
Hello everybody,

I just found this web forum and I am very glad it exists.

My opinion is that PF have a lot of potencial, but still there is a lot of things to be done.

I am Super Moderator on my local web forum, concrete I moderate Math and Physics, and student of electrical engineering.

So, my first well-meaning rebuke is about fact that absolutely nothing have been done about displaying mathematical formulas. This is Psysics forums, right ? Does anybody here know something about (La)TeX ?

Ok c^2 = a^2 + b^2 can be shown like this, but try for example with this:

http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~seven/test.png

(img tags don't working ?)

Have problems ? :-)

Ok, there is very easy way to automatically produce mathematical formulas using tex tags for example.

If PF is running on its own server then Administrator (by the way who is that ?) simple need to install TEX2IM:

http://www.gnu.org/directory/graphics/Misc/tex2im.html

Ofcourse if server is UNIX. After that, only have to implement tex2im with phorum, very easy !

Unfortunately, currently I don't have free time to write tutorials about math and electric, when time permits I will do that.

What do you think about proposition ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt ?

I saw that you are Administrator. What do you have to tell about it ?

Nobody interested to improve this forum ?

Originally posted by Vanja Petreski
Greg Bernhardt ?

I saw that you are Administrator. What do you have to tell about it ?

Nobody interested to improve this forum ?

The LaTex module looks interesting. I'll see if our host will load it up. In the meantime you can use this guide to create math symbols:
https://www.physicsforums.com/announcement.php?forumid=51

Also the img tags here to work.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
The LaTex module looks interesting.

Careful, tho! Many people have 'LaTex' allergies!:wink: (Sorry. I just couldn't resist the pun. OK. 2/3 of a pun - P [and] U )

edit: I know. I should probably see a therapist.

What is the meaning of "Hello & Very Essential Proposition"?

The phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" is a common greeting used to express a friendly and essential message or proposition. It is often used in a professional or business setting to convey a positive and important idea or statement.

Where did the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" originate from?

The exact origin of the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" is unknown. However, it is believed to have originated from the English language and has been used for many years as a common greeting in various contexts.

Is there a specific way to use the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition"?

There is no specific way to use the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition." However, it is typically used in a formal or professional setting as a polite and positive greeting or introduction. It can also be used to introduce a significant or crucial idea or statement.

Why is the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" important in scientific research?

The phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" is not specifically important in scientific research. However, it can be used as a polite and friendly greeting when communicating with colleagues or presenting important research findings.

Can the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" be used in other languages?

Yes, the phrase "Hello & Very Essential Proposition" can be translated and used in other languages to convey a similar message. However, it may not have the exact same meaning or connotation in different languages and cultures.