Magnetic properties for In2O3, indium (iii) oxide

In summary, In2O3, also known as indium (iii) oxide, is a compound commonly used in semiconductors and glass coatings. It exhibits weak magnetic properties, making it suitable for certain applications but limiting its use in others. These properties are influenced by factors such as crystal structure and impurities, and can be studied using techniques like vibrating sample magnetometry.
fahmi amin
hello everyone..

1) what is the magnetic properties for indium oxide? i hope that it has ferrimagnetic properties (ferrite) so that i can mixed it with ferroelectric material, to form a multiferroic materials.

2) i have planned to use barium titanate as my ferroelectric material in my multiferroic. anyone who can suggest to me any ferrite magnet to be used (except MgFe2O4 and CoFe2O4)?

BaTiO3 - ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you checked the scientific literature?

What is In2O3, indium (iii) oxide?

In2O3, also known as indium (iii) oxide, is a compound made up of two atoms of indium and three atoms of oxygen. It is a transparent, yellowish-white solid that is commonly used in the production of semiconductors and coatings for glass.

What are the magnetic properties of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide?

In2O3, indium (iii) oxide is a type II diamagnetic material, meaning it is not attracted to a magnetic field and has no permanent magnetic moment. However, it does exhibit weak ferromagnetism at low temperatures.

How does the magnetic behavior of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide affect its applications?

The weak magnetic properties of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide make it suitable for certain applications, such as magnetic sensors and data storage devices. However, its low magnetic moment also limits its use in other applications that require stronger magnetic properties.

What factors influence the magnetic properties of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide?

The magnetic properties of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide are influenced by various factors, including the crystal structure, impurities, and defects. The presence of certain dopants, such as iron or cobalt, can also affect its magnetic behavior.

How is the magnetic behavior of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide studied and measured?

The magnetic behavior of In2O3, indium (iii) oxide can be studied and measured using various techniques, including vibrating sample magnetometry and magnetic force microscopy. These techniques allow researchers to analyze the material's magnetic properties and understand how they change under different conditions.