Exploring the Key Concepts of the Renaissance: A Guide for Students

• History
  • Thread starter lj19
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ap History
In summary, the Renaissance was a time of great change in the Western world, with various developments in art, religion, science, education, and more.
lj19
What are the key concepts of the Renaissance?

Science news on Phys.org
lj19 said:
What are the key concepts of the Renaissance?
This appears to be a homework problem. Students are expected to demonstrate effort and show some work. When was the Renaissance period? What does one know about the Renaissance?

I'm studying for an AP European history test, and I do understand the information I've learned about it. I am just trying to get as much information as I can on the Renaissance.

lj19 said:
I'm studying for an AP European history test, and I do understand the information I've learned about it. I am just trying to get as much information as I can on the Renaissance.
google "renaissance".

We can't give you answers.

lj19 said:
Where have you looked? Presumably one has a textbook.

What happened to various governments or political systems during the Renaissance period?

What developed with respect to religion?

What developed with respect to science?

What developed with respect to exploration and trade?

What developed with respect to education?

What major conflicts/wars were there?

One could start here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance - but look at other resources.

For example - http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/endmiddle/

The European Renaissance: centres and peripheries

Last edited by a moderator:
I have studied in my textbook. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to explain some events of the Renaissance, or give me online resources to study, I was not trying to ask for answers.

Thank you for the questions to consider.

Last edited:
lj19 said:
I have studied in my textbook. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to explain some events of the Renaissance, or give me online resources to study, I was not trying to ask for answers.

Thank you for the questions to consider.

I think the best way to consider the importance of the Renaissance is to consider how things must have been before. As you learn about the numerous developments of that time, that might help to put it all into context.

1. What is AP European History?

AP European History is an advanced placement course offered by the College Board that covers the history of Europe from the High Renaissance to the present day. It is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural developments that have shaped Europe's history.

2. What topics are typically covered in AP European History?

The course covers a wide range of topics, including the Renaissance, Reformation, Age of Exploration, Scientific Revolution, Enlightenment, French Revolution, Industrial Revolution, World War I and II, Cold War, and the formation of the European Union. It also includes the study of key figures and events, such as Martin Luther, Elizabeth I, Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Black Death.

3. What skills are necessary to succeed in AP European History?

To succeed in AP European History, students should have strong critical thinking, reading, and writing skills. They should also have a solid foundation in European geography and a basic understanding of key historical concepts and themes. Additionally, strong time management and study skills are essential for keeping up with the rigorous coursework.

4. How is AP European History assessed?

AP European History is assessed through a combination of multiple-choice and free-response questions on the AP exam. The exam is divided into two sections: Section I includes 55 multiple-choice questions and Section II includes three short-answer questions and one document-based question. The exam is scored on a scale of 1-5, with a score of 3 or higher considered passing.

5. What are the benefits of taking AP European History?

Taking AP European History can provide numerous benefits, including college credit, advanced standing, and the development of important skills such as critical thinking and analytical writing. It can also help students stand out on college applications and may open up opportunities for advanced courses in college. Additionally, studying the history of Europe can provide a better understanding of current global issues and events.