Plotting Resolution Against Lux in Excel: A Guide

In summary, plotting resolution against lux in Excel allows for a visual representation of the relationship between resolution and lux, aiding in data analysis and trend identification. This can be done by entering data into a spreadsheet and creating a chart, though a line graph may not be the most appropriate type of graph for this data. Insights gained from this type of plot may include correlations and outliers, but limitations such as data entry errors and interpretation of the data should also be considered.
alex_boothby
every subect seem to be different! which kind of graph and a lot what axis do i plot, if i was to do plot resolution against lux! plus anyone kno the proper way to do this in excell. thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone?? please!

dont worry done it.

What is the purpose of plotting resolution against lux in Excel?

The purpose of plotting resolution against lux in Excel is to visually represent the relationship between two variables: resolution (measured in pixels) and lux (measured in units of light). This can help in analyzing data and identifying any patterns or trends between the two variables.

How do I plot resolution against lux in Excel?

To plot resolution against lux in Excel, you will first need to enter your data into a spreadsheet. Then, select the data points you want to plot and click on the "Insert" tab. From there, choose the type of chart you want to create (such as a scatter plot) and your chart should appear. You can then customize your chart by adding titles, axes labels, and other features.

Can I plot resolution against lux using a line graph?

Yes, it is possible to plot resolution against lux using a line graph in Excel. However, this may not be the most appropriate type of graph for this type of data, as line graphs are better suited for showing changes over time rather than comparing two different variables.

What are some potential insights I could gain from plotting resolution against lux?

Plotting resolution against lux can help identify any correlations or relationships between the two variables. For example, you may notice that as resolution increases, lux also tends to increase, indicating a positive correlation. This can also help in identifying any outliers or anomalies in the data.

Are there any limitations to plotting resolution against lux in Excel?

While Excel is a commonly used tool for data analysis, there are some limitations to consider when plotting resolution against lux. These may include potential errors in data entry, limitations in the number of data points that can be plotted, and the need for careful interpretation of the data rather than solely relying on the visual representation.