Upgrade News: Database Downtime and Preparing for Forum Reopening

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Greg had several large update queries that took an hour each, and he also lost the connection to MySQL which caused the database to be corrupted. repairing it took another hour. During the repair, a tmp folder ran out of space and he had to kill the process and remount the folder with more space. Finally, all is well.
I love the new Prime skin! :approve:

I apologise if this question has already been answered, but is LATEX-preview in the works?

Physics news on Phys.org
neutrino said:
I love the new Prime skin! :approve:

I apologise if this question has already been answered, but is LATEX-preview in the works?

Thanks for noticing the skin changes, just a few tweaks, but I think it makes a difference. Hopefully smoother and easier to read. I'll prolly keep tinkering a bit.

It's up to chroot whether or not to add latex preview, go bother him :biggrin:

Aaahh! What's that green gooey stuff?!

neutrino said:
Aaahh! What's that green gooey stuff?!

What green gooey stuff? :confused:

The green layer at the top of the the 'bars' that say "view first unread", "Quick Reply", and "Page # of #"

Nice skin! Really smooth :smile:

Great Job, Greg! :approve: :tongue2:

I agree with Monique, the new Skin is very nice and smooth.

I agree, aesthetically very pleasing :approve:. Glad to have PF back again, I can stop working now :tongue2:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks for noticing the skin changes, just a few tweaks, but I think it makes a difference. Hopefully smoother and easier to read. I'll prolly keep tinkering a bit.
Very soothing...

It's up to chroot whether or not to add latex preview, go bother him
Just wait til he gets back! :wink:

I like it, Greg. Good job. :approve:

Am I the first one to notice the Turkey Forums? :biggrin:

I love the turkey! :biggrin:

Okay, I needed to clear the cache again to see the green shading (it doesn't look gooey at all! :grumpy:) and the turkey! Nice touches. :smile:

I guess I'm going to have to remember to clear the cache more regularly as changes appear.

Okay, it doesn't look gooey; the colour resembles (to my eyes) that of the usual gooey stuff. :D Still I prefer the new Prime without the green.

On the homepage in the Prime skin, do the times of the last posts appear? All I seem to get are the days only (like Today and Yesterday).

robphy said:
On the homepage in the Prime skin, do the times of the last posts appear? All I seem to get are the days only (like Today and Yesterday).
They're still missing and it's hard to tell if there are new posts since you can't see the time. :grumpy:

Evo said:
They're still missing and it's hard to tell if there are new posts since you can't see the time. :grumpy:

If the symbol on the left is white, there are no new posts. If it's green, there are new posts since you last read that forum. You can also double click on the symbol to mark it as read if it doesn't change automatically so you'll know there are new posts when it turns back to green again.

Moonbear said:
If the symbol on the left is white, there are no new posts. If it's green, there are new posts since you last read that forum. You can also double click on the symbol to mark it as read if it doesn't change automatically so you'll know there are new posts when it turns back to green again.
Why not just post the time? :frown: I don't watch colors. <grumble>

Evo said:
Why not just post the time? :frown: I don't watch colors. <grumble>

I don't know, I prefer seeing the time too, but have been getting used to watching colors in the absence of the time being posted on the index page.

I prefer the time stamp as well.

Zz.

We are aware of the quote problem, it is due to some edits we did for the homework template

That was FAST!

Greg Bernhardt said:
We are aware of the quote problem, it is due to some edits we did for the homework template
Now you're kidding me! You can't play with my heart like this GREG! <jumping about in joy>

Back