Efficient Quoting with Multi Quote Button

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, this button "Multi Quote" will take you to the advanced reply screen and show all the quoted posts you selected. After you've selected ALL the posts you want to quote, click on the "Quote" button (it doesn't matter which posts you click that on). That will take you to the advanced reply screen and show all the quoted posts you selected.
Mk
button labeled "Multi Quote"

Wow! That looks really cool. Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
That does look cool. I had to play a bit to figure out how to use it, so I'm going to post instructions here in case others need it:

Click on the button labeled "Multi Quote" for each post you want to quote in a thread. The button will "light up" (in the Prime Skin, it "glows" blue). If you accidentally click it on a post you don't want to quote, just click it again and it turns back off.

After you've selected ALL the posts you want to quote, click on the "Quote" button (it doesn't matter which posts you click that on). That will take you to the advanced reply screen and show all the quoted posts you selected.

Pretty nifty.

Edit: I just checked the Nexus skin, and I don't think that button is showing yet there, so if you're using Nexus, don't make yourself crazy looking for this feature yet. If you want to use it, switch to the Prime skin for now until Greg is done with the full upgrade.

Last edited:
Mk said:
Wow! That looks really cool. Thanks!

Moonbear said:
That does look cool. I had to play a bit to figure out how to use it, so I'm going to post instructions here in case others need it:

Click on the button labeled "Multi Quote" for each post you want to quote in a thread. The button will "light up" (in the Prime Skin, it "glows" blue). If you accidentally click it on a post you don't want to quote, just click it again and it turns back off.

After you've selected ALL the posts you want to quote, click on the "Quote" button (it doesn't matter which posts you click that on). That will take you to the advanced reply screen and show all the quoted posts you selected.

Pretty nifty.

Edit: I just checked the Nexus skin, and I don't think that button is showing yet there, so if you're using Nexus, don't make yourself crazy looking for this feature yet. If you want to use it, switch to the Prime skin for now until Greg is done with the full upgrade.

How fun! :smile:

I also like these new little arrows next to quoted text that will take you back to the original post where the quoted text came from. It's not really useful in a short thread like this, but if someone were quoting something 6 pages back in a long thread, and you want to go back to check the context, that will come in very handy! :smile:

It stil does not include existing quotes in posts you wish to reply to. :grumpy: THAT'S the feature I want.

Evo said:
It stil does not include existing quotes in posts you wish to reply to. :grumpy: THAT'S the feature I want.

But, you can select multi quote on that post, and then click the arrow that takes you back to the originally quoted post, include that in your multi quote, and then you have both. :smile:

Moonbear said:
But, you can select multi quote on that post, and then click the arrow that takes you back to the originally quoted post, include that in your multi quote, and then you have both. :smile:
:grumpy: You mean go back to each individual quote. grrrrr I liked the way it used to keep all quotes intact when you hit the quote button. :cry:

Might it be possible to integrate the "Reply" feature from the PM's, in which the previous replies (or quotes) are included in the new PM?

Moonbear said:

Pretty nifty.

arildno said:
How fun! :smile:

YEAH

marlon

What is a "Button labeled Multi Quote"?

A "Button labeled Multi Quote" is a feature on websites or forums that allows users to select multiple quotes from different posts and include them in their own post or reply. This is useful for responding to multiple points made by different users in a single post.

How do I use the "Button labeled Multi Quote"?

To use the "Button labeled Multi Quote," simply click on it next to the quote you want to include in your post. The button will usually change color or have a checkmark to indicate that it has been selected. You can continue clicking on the button for multiple quotes, and they will all be saved for later use.

Can I customize the way the "Button labeled Multi Quote" works?

The customization options for the "Button labeled Multi Quote" may vary depending on the website or forum. Some may allow you to change the color or style of the button, while others may have additional features such as the ability to rearrange the selected quotes or include your own comments in between them.

Is the "Button labeled Multi Quote" available on all websites and forums?

No, the "Button labeled Multi Quote" is not a universal feature and may not be available on all websites or forums. It is usually found on platforms that prioritize user engagement and discussions, such as social media sites or online discussion boards.

What are the benefits of using the "Button labeled Multi Quote"?

The "Button labeled Multi Quote" allows for a more organized and efficient way of responding to multiple posts. It also promotes active engagement and encourages users to consider different perspectives before replying. Additionally, it can save time and effort by eliminating the need to manually copy and paste quotes from different posts into your own reply.