Very simple Question for non-student.

• Thread starter Goosey23
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around someone seeking help with a formula involving large numbers and the force exerted by the Earth on the moon. The final answer, 2.0027443773 x 10^20 (kg*m/s/s), is confirmed and the distance between the Earth and moon is mentioned. The conversation also includes some humor and a confirmation of understanding the calculation.
Goosey23
I'm trying to help a friend out, would anyone be willing to be an extraordinary help and simply plug in the numbers for this formula and let me know the answer? It would be greatly appreciated.

Homework Equations

force_c5.gif

m = 7.35 x 10^22kg
r = 3.84 x 10^8
T = 2358720s

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
2.0027443773 x 10^20 (kg*m/s/s)

Might be a little off, I haven't calculated such big numbers in my head in a long time.
Hope that helps!

dwintz02 said:
2.0027443773 x 10^20 (kg*m/s/s)

Might be a little off, I haven't calculated such big numbers in my head in a long time.
Hope that helps!

How did you know it was meters? Amazing. It's the force exerted by the Earth on the moon, isn't it?

Thanks so much guys, that's it! Mucho appreciated!

Haha, yeah you're right. I was hoping the 11 or so significant digits would be the funny part but the joke ended up being on me. And yeah, that's the distance to the moon from the earth.

dwintz02 said:
Haha, yeah you're right. I was hoping the 11 or so significant digits would be the funny part but the joke ended up being on me. And yeah, that's the distance to the moon from the earth.

Not at all, you were pretty funny as well. Goosey23, you just wanted a confirmation, right? You do know how to calculate that?

1. What is the purpose of this question?

This question is designed to be simple and straightforward, making it accessible to non-students. It may be used to gather basic information or to introduce a topic for further discussion.

2. Can you provide more context or background information?

Yes, additional context or background information can be provided to help clarify the question and make it easier to understand.

3. Is there a right or wrong answer to this question?

The answer to this question may vary based on individual perspectives and experiences. There is no right or wrong answer, but rather an opportunity for different interpretations and discussions.

4. How does this question relate to science?

This question may relate to science in various ways, depending on the topic being discussed. It could be related to a scientific concept, theory, or current research being conducted.

5. Can you explain this question in simpler terms?

Yes, this question can be explained in simpler terms to make it more understandable for non-students. It may involve breaking down complex ideas into more manageable pieces or using analogies to aid in comprehension.