Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Is that the European version of American Idol?The Eurovision Song Contest is an annual event in which representatives from each of the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) compete in a televised song competition. This year's competition was held in Serbia.In summary, the Eurosongchist thinks that the Eurovision Song Contest is a terrible event. The contestants are all political pawns, and the music is mediocre at best. The only good thing about the event is that it's old and that it's funny to watch countries compete against each other in a ridiculous competition.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am listening to the Eurovision song contest, i am now a Eurosongchist and the pain is terrible.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is that the European version of American Idol?

I would rather be stung to death by fire ants than watch American Idiot, I mean Idol. I'm sorry, that guy that just won has apparently never looked in the mirror, I just died laughing.

Not by a long shot

For the record, I'm making efforts not to watch it.

No the idols are all national. The eurovision song festival is a very old tradition. Each country sending its best contribution for the competition. But it's as ridicule as the idols. In this case the vote is pure political and has nothing to do with the quality of the contestants. :grumpy:

This is beyond pain, people are voting? hell one could get better music by yanking on a Yaks testicles.

Serbia's entry was alright actually! (at least I think it was Serbia...)

wolram said:
hell one could get better music by yanking on a Yaks testicles.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let me guess, Greece have given douze points to Cyprus? :bugeye:

Believe me, Evo, after watching eurovision you'll gladly watch American Idol for the rest of your life! It's that bad! It's not even a musical contest anymore, it's turned into a europe-wide "Lets hate Britain" contest accompanied with some background screeching by a menagerie of strangled animals. You may think I'm exaggerating, but Ireland's entry (which sadly didn't make it to the finals) was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_the_Turkey" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some real music, they are playing Abba Waterloo.

Russia in the lead?? either they have invented a better balalaika or they have found oil.

Didn't Abba actually win that contest long ago?

Hell if the Vatican ever enter the song contest, may be with a modern version of onward Christian soldiers-------------------------.

Chi Meson said:
Didn't Abba actually win that contest long ago?

They sure did, they were my favorites until that bird did the song on an aeroplane wing.

Evo said:
Is that the European version of American Idol?

I would rather be stung to death by fire ants than watch American Idiot, I mean Idol. I'm sorry, that guy that just won has apparently never looked in the mirror, I just died laughing.

You don't watch it, yet you know who won? Hmm...veeery veeery eeenteresting. I don't even know who the contestants were this year, let alone who won. Though, couldn't avoid the story on the radio about it (driving to work at that hour of the morning when no radio station seems to play music, and they all jabber on about stupidity). They were saying something about there being two finalists and the network or whoever sponsors the thing wanted one to win over the other because the one was a nice pushover that would do everything they told them, and the other actually had a mind of his own and wouldn't easily be told what to do. Why even hold a contest when it's really all about the network finding a good lackey to put on THEIR show, not an actual artist? Then again, I guess that really isn't news to anyone after the first few seasons.

Moonbear said:
You don't watch it, yet you know who won?
He's from around here and it's been all over the local news. :yuck:

Moonbear said:
You don't watch it, yet you know who won? Hmm...veeery veeery eeenteresting. I don't even know who the contestants were this year, let alone who won. Though, couldn't avoid the story on the radio about it (driving to work at that hour of the morning when no radio station seems to play music, and they all jabber on about stupidity). They were saying something about there being two finalists and the network or whoever sponsors the thing wanted one to win over the other because the one was a nice pushover that would do everything they told them, and the other actually had a mind of his own and wouldn't easily be told what to do. Why even hold a contest when it's really all about the network finding a good lackey to put on THEIR show, not an actual artist? Then again, I guess that really isn't news to anyone after the first few seasons.

I agree with MoonB, what did she say?

Evo said:

I can honestly say that I have never, ever seen a single episode. I did however play the role of Simon in a spoof of Idol at our teachers talent show last year. To prep for it, I watched as many interviews with Simon I could find on the internet. I ended up liking and respecting the guy immensely. I did happen to see a few clips of Idol within the interviews, so I got the idea.

By the way everyone said that I was "spot-on, seriously." My best Simon line was:
"That was Breathtaking! Seriously, you have sucked the life out of the entire building."

Chi Meson said:
By the way everyone said that I was "spot-on, seriously." My best Simon line was:
"That was Breathtaking! Seriously, you have sucked the life out of the entire building."
:rofl: That's great!

1. What is "Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists"?

"Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists" is a popular TV show and singing competition that features contestants from various European countries. It is known for its over-the-top performances and cheesy pop music.

2. How does the competition work?

The competition follows a similar format to other singing competitions, with contestants performing in front of a panel of judges and a live audience. Each country sends a representative to compete, and the winner is determined by a combination of judges' scores and public votes.

3. When did "Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists" first air?

The first season of "Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists" aired in 2004 and has since become an annual event, with new contestants, hosts, and judges each year.

4. What is the prize for the winner?

The winner of "Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists" receives a recording contract and the opportunity to represent their country in the Eurovision Song Contest, a European-wide singing competition.

5. Is there any controversy surrounding the show?

As with any popular TV show, "Eurosongchist: Calling All Masochists" has faced its fair share of controversy. Some critics argue that the show promotes shallow, commercialized music and that the voting system is flawed. However, fans of the show argue that it is simply a fun and entertaining event and should not be taken too seriously.