Henry Head, Neurologist, 1861-1940 | Russell Brain & George Brush

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, the neurologists discussed their various careers and what they would need to do to pursue them. Henry Head, Neurologist, 1861-1940, said that he would need to start working in real estate. Russell Brain, Neurologist, 1895 -1966, said that he would need to become a pedicurist. George deForest Brush, American Painter, 1855 - 1941, said that he would need to do is start working in real estate. And I need to become a carpenter. The conversation moved on to other professions and how busy they would be. Carpenter Coopersmiths and Smiths would be quite busy, according to the neurologists. Finally, the conversation moved on to Bernard Madoff and his
zoobyshoe
Henry Head, Neurologist, 1861-1940

Russell Brain, Neurologist, 1895 -1966

George deForest Brush, American Painter, 1855 - 1941

Physics news on Phys.org
ll I'd need to do is start working in real estate.

And I need to become a pedicurist.

profession is the origin of many surnames, like

carpenter
cooper
smith

How busy would Carpenter Coopersmith be?

robphy said:
Not quite on topic... but close

http://books.google.com/books?id=dXxQAAAAMAAJ
Mathematics for engineers
by Dull

That's hysterical! If he writes he probably teaches:

"I'm taking math with Professor Dull this semester."

I used to know someone with the last name of Swindle. He was a used car salesman.

There are a LOT of Bakers and Cooks in this area. Not many Hookers, but some, and about as many Drivers. Enough to re-enact "Payback" several times over. I wonder if Lucy Liu has anything lined up currently - she was pretty good in that movie.

zoobyshoe said:
That's hysterical! If he writes he probably teaches:

"I'm taking math with Professor Dull this semester."

I just had to go google for him. Couldn't find much on Professor Dull, but then he first published that book back in 1941.

And FYI - this is also the author who gave us, "Plants for Washing Sand and Gravel: Effective and Efficient Equipments for Reliably Economical Work", just in case you might have seen him as one-dimensional.

I have an old physics book - The Physics of Vibrations and Waves, by Pain.

My uncle worked with a finance manager named Joe Economy.

Tsu knew a gyneacologist named Hyman.

There's a TV weather reporter in Charlotte NC named Larry Sprinkle.

# Cardinal Sin, former Archbishop of Manila.
# Anna Smashnova the Israeli tennis player.

hehe

I went into court with a friend once and the judge was rather amused when he called out for a defendant named Rebel.

robphy said:
Not quite on topic... but close

http://books.google.com/books?id=dXxQAAAAMAAJ
Mathematics for engineers
by Dull

(from someone's flickr page)
15807037_933d7b17e5.jpg

When I first saw the book in my college library (many years ago),
I recall that it had two authors... but I couldn't find a reference to it... until now.

http://books.google.com/books?id=wD2KxUYCQCUC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq="Mathematics+for+engineers"+dull

"Dull, R.W., and Dull, R. 1951. Mathematics for Engineers. McGraw-Hill Book Co, New York."

robphy said:
I recall that it had two authors... but I couldn't find a reference to it... until now..... "Dull, R.W., and Dull, R. 1951. Mathematics for Engineers. McGraw-Hill Book Co, New York."

Would that be Dull and Duller?

sorry...

It's even funnier seeing it on the spine of the book.

Is that the author... or a warning..?

robphy said:
15807037_933d7b17e5.jpg
Man, that's fantastic! Someone should make that into a poster and sell it!

Ms Music said:
I used to know someone with the last name of Swindle. He was a used car salesman.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu knew a gyneacologist named Hyman.
!

Math Is Hard said:
I just had to go google for him. Couldn't find much on Professor Dull, but then he first published that book back in 1941.

And FYI - this is also the author who gave us, "Plants for Washing Sand and Gravel: Effective and Efficient Equipments for Reliably Economical Work", just in case you might have seen him as one-dimensional.
Non-stop excitement with this guy!

In case you have not Wolfram'ed names, Smith is 1st in America, as the most used name.:zzz::smile:

Last edited:

1. Who was Henry Head?

Henry Head was a British neurologist who lived from 1861 to 1940. He is known for his pioneering work in the field of neurology, particularly in the study of sensory and motor systems.

2. What were Henry Head's major contributions to the field of neurology?

Henry Head made significant contributions to the understanding of the sensory and motor systems of the human body. He is best known for his research on the localization of sensation and the role of the nervous system in pain perception. He also made important discoveries about the nervous system's response to injury and disease.

3. Who was Russell Brain and what is his connection to Henry Head?

Russell Brain was a British neurologist who lived from 1895 to 1966. He worked closely with Henry Head and was greatly influenced by his research. Together, they published several papers on the sensory and motor systems, including the landmark book "Studies in Neurology" in 1920.

4. What is the significance of "Henry Head, Neurologist, 1861-1940" and "Russell Brain & George Brush" in the scientific community?

Both Henry Head and Russell Brain are highly respected figures in the field of neurology. Their research and contributions have greatly advanced our understanding of the nervous system and have had a lasting impact on the scientific community. They are still recognized and studied today.

5. What is the relationship between Henry Head and George Brush?

George Brush was an American neurologist who lived from 1855 to 1941. He collaborated with Henry Head on several research projects and is best known for his work on the reflex arc theory. While they worked together, they did not have a direct relationship outside of their scientific collaborations.

Back