Finding Non-Basic LaTeX Document Styles

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter mathman44
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the purpose of "Finding Non-Basic LaTeX Document Styles" is to expand the range of formatting and design options for creating documents in LaTeX. Ways to find non-basic styles include searching online repositories, browsing through forums or websites, and creating custom styles. Some examples of non-basic styles include "memoir", "beamer", "tufte-book", and "moderncv". While there are limitations to using non-basic styles, it is possible to use multiple styles in one document with careful consideration and testing.
mathman44
My prof asked me to find a latex document style that is not one of the four basic built in styles (article,book,report,letter), either from a scientific journal's online author resources or by accessing a scientific preprint archive. Well, I've been searching this on google for about an hour now and can't find anything...

Physics news on Phys.org
hi,
search in elsevier (a lots of styles), pccp, J Phys: conf. series, ..for sure you will get journal template.

Both the American Math Society and the American Physics Society have extensive packages (amslatex and revtex), including several top-level document classes.

1. What is the purpose of "Finding Non-Basic LaTeX Document Styles"?

The purpose of finding non-basic LaTeX document styles is to expand the range of formatting and design options available for creating documents in LaTeX. It allows for more customization and creativity in document layout and appearance.

2. How can I find non-basic LaTeX document styles?

There are a few ways to find non-basic LaTeX document styles. One way is to search for them on online repositories such as CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network). Another way is to browse through LaTeX forums or websites for user-created styles. Finally, you can also create your own custom document style using packages and commands.

3. What are some examples of non-basic LaTeX document styles?

Some examples of non-basic LaTeX document styles include the "memoir" class, which allows for more control over document layout and design, and the "beamer" class, which is specifically designed for creating presentations. Other examples include the "tufte-book" class, which mimics the design of Edward Tufte's books, and the "moderncv" class, which is commonly used for creating CVs and resumes.

4. Are there any limitations to using non-basic LaTeX document styles?

While non-basic LaTeX document styles offer more flexibility and options, there may be some limitations when it comes to compatibility with other packages or document classes. It is important to carefully read the documentation and test the style before using it for a project.

5. Can I use multiple non-basic document styles in one document?

Yes, it is possible to use multiple non-basic document styles in one document. However, this may require some tweaking and adjustments to ensure compatibility and avoid conflicts between styles. It is important to carefully read the documentation and test the styles before using them together.