Help Finding Books on Heat Conduction in Construction Materials

• Thread starter f.tinuska
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Literature
In summary, the conversation is about finding information on heat conduction in construction materials, specifically through experimental data or theoretical analysis. The person needs this information for their graduate work and was given suggestions to check the library, dictionary, or Science Book. They were also advised to ask their neighbors or use a keyword search on Google.
f.tinuska
I have a question about finding books where is defined heat conduction threw construction materials. It's going to be useful to me if you tell me where can i find some experimental data or theoretical analysis of this problem. I need it for my graduate work.

Thanks a lot..

Engineering news on Phys.org
yes it is very helpful... i think you can find it in library or else in the dictionary or maybe if yo like to research you can do it...

I know where you can find it in Science Book i think you find it in there or else you just say it to your neighbors so that they can tell you where you can find it...

and don't forget if you haven't try to search in Google you can use this keyword " where is defined heat conduction threw construction materials "and that's all i can do to help you..

Hello,

I can suggest a few ways to find books on heat conduction in construction materials.

First, you can start by searching for relevant books on online databases such as Google Scholar or ScienceDirect. These databases have a wide range of scientific literature and you can filter your search by specifying the keywords "heat conduction" and "construction materials". This will give you a list of books that have information on this topic.

Another option is to visit your university library and browse through the engineering or materials science section. You can also consult with a librarian who can guide you to specific books or journals related to heat conduction in construction materials.

Additionally, you can also look for specific journals related to your topic, such as the International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer or Construction and Building Materials. These journals often have articles and studies that provide experimental data or theoretical analysis on heat conduction in construction materials.

I hope these suggestions will help you in your search for relevant books and data for your graduate work. Best of luck!

What is heat conduction in construction materials?

Heat conduction in construction materials refers to the transfer of heat energy through a solid material, such as walls, floors, or roofs. This can occur through direct contact between materials or through the movement of heated particles in the material.

Why is it important to understand heat conduction in construction materials?

Understanding heat conduction in construction materials is crucial for designing energy-efficient buildings. It helps in selecting appropriate materials and building techniques to reduce heat loss and improve insulation. This can lead to cost savings and environmental benefits.

Where can I find books on heat conduction in construction materials?

Books on heat conduction in construction materials can be found in libraries, bookstores, and online retailers. Some reputable sources include academic publishers, such as Springer and Wiley, as well as professional organizations like the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).

What topics are typically covered in books on heat conduction in construction materials?

Books on heat conduction in construction materials cover a wide range of topics, including basic principles of heat transfer, properties and characteristics of construction materials, energy-efficient building design, and case studies of real-world applications. Some books may also delve into advanced topics such as computational modeling and simulation.

Are there any online resources for learning about heat conduction in construction materials?

Yes, there are several online resources available for learning about heat conduction in construction materials. These include e-books, articles, and videos from reputable sources such as universities, research institutions, and professional organizations. Some examples include the Building Science Corporation, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers (IAHFIAW).