What could be causing my RF transmitter and receiver to not work?

In summary, a user constructed a RF circuit using T5-434-5V and R5-434-5-128 transmitter and receiver pair, along with HT12E and HT12D as the encoder and decoder respectively. However, the circuit does not work and they suspect it may be due to the RF pair not functioning properly. They have checked the oscillator resistance values and are seeking help from others in the community.
jasonchong0
Hey all!
I have just constructed a RF circuit to try out. I made use of the T5-434-5V and the R5-434-5-128 transmitter and receiver pair and also the HT12E and HT12D as the encoder and decoder for the transmitter and receiver respectively.

The schemetic I used can be found on page 6 of this datasheet: http://www.spelektroniikka.fi/kuvat/T5R5-434-5V.pdf"

After following exactly, the circuit does not work. I connected the DOUT of the encoder and the DIN of the decoder directly and it works, which brings me to suspect it's the RF pair that's not working.

HT12E oscillator resistance: 1M ohm
HT12D oscillator resistance: 51K ohm

If anyone has any idea as to why the transmitting and receiving isn't working, your comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you measure the currents of just the transmitter and the receiver? This might give a clue.

Also can you listen on 434 MHz with a scanner receiver? This might help to decide if the transmitter was working.

Did you get the connections wrong when you built it and then correct them after applying power? This could have damaged one of the circuits.

What were those resistance values you gave? They seem high if they are the power supply connections.

Realistically, though, you will probably need to get local help. A Radio Amateur might be able to help if you can find someone who has equipment for 432 MHz

What is an RF Transmitter Receiver?

An RF (Radio Frequency) Transmitter Receiver is a device that transmits and receives radio frequency signals. It is used to transmit data, audio, or video wirelessly over the airwaves.

How does an RF Transmitter Receiver work?

An RF Transmitter Receiver works by converting electrical signals into radio waves that can be transmitted through the air. The transmitter takes an input signal and amplifies it before sending it out through an antenna. The receiver then picks up the radio waves using an antenna and converts them back into electrical signals for output.

What are the main components of an RF Transmitter Receiver?

The main components of an RF Transmitter Receiver include an antenna, a power source, a modulation circuit, and a demodulation circuit. The antenna is used to send and receive the radio waves, the power source provides energy to the device, and the modulation and demodulation circuits are responsible for converting the signals.

What is the range of an RF Transmitter Receiver?

The range of an RF Transmitter Receiver can vary depending on the frequency being used, the power of the transmitter, and any potential obstructions in the signal path. Generally, the range can be a few meters for low-frequency signals and up to several kilometers for higher-frequency signals.

What are the common uses of an RF Transmitter Receiver?

RF Transmitter Receivers have a variety of uses, including wireless communication systems, remote controls, wireless microphones, and broadcast radio and television. They are also used in satellite communication, radar systems, and GPS devices.

Back