Farewell HallsofIvy, Welcome Dalespam: Staff Changes at Homework Forum

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the retirement of HallsofIvy as mentor has been announced after 9 great years of dedication in the homework forums. In addition, there will be a moderator shuffle with Micromass finding a home in the Mathematics forums. To replenish the strength of the Mentor group, Dalespam will be joining with his expertise recognized by being awarded a Physics award. The community thanks Halls for his countless hours of support and welcomes Dalespam as the newest member.
We announcing the retirement of HallsofIvy as mentor. Halls has been with us for 9 great years! Very few can match his level of dedication in the homework forums. He has given countless hours with students! For that we thank him and hope he continues to give that support which so many students appreciate!

With that there will be a little moderator shuffle with Micromass finding a home in the Mathematics forums.

To replenish our strength, Dalespam will be joining the Mentor group! The community is no stranger to his quality with him being awarded a Physics award. Welcome Dalespam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Halls! You are an amazing mathematician. :smile:

Congrats to Dalespam! Welcome aboard!

Thanks for everything Ivy!

Congratulations to Dalespam!

Micro was always the math forum. Yay micro! Welcome aboard Dalespam!

Hope you will still have time to post Halls.

Thanks a lot, Halls! Your contributions on the math forums are outstanding! I hope you will continue contributing!

And welcome, Dalespam! Now, I think that the sauna in the mentors forum is really getting dirty. It's been a while since somebody cleaned it up. *Hands Dalespam a toothbrush and soap*

Thanks HallsofIvy, and welcome Dalespam! :D

Thanks HallsofIvy! I hope you continue posting in the Homework section. :)

Congrats DaleSpam! :smile:

Thanks Halls, welcome Dale!

Thanks HallsofIvy!

Welcome aboard DaleSpam!

Thanks HallsofIvy for helping make this the best forum on the net.

Thanks for taking up the slack Micromass.

Congratulations DaleSpam.

Greg Bernhardt said:
We announcing the retirement of HallsofIvy as mentor. Halls has been with us for 9 great years! Very few can match his level of dedication in the homework forums. He has given countless hours with students! For that we thank him and hope he continues to give that support which so many students appreciate!

With that there will be a little moderator shuffle with Micromass finding a home in the Mathematics forums.

To replenish our strength, Dalespam will be joining the Mentor group! The community is no stranger to his quality with him being awarded a Physics award. Welcome Dalespam!

Thanks for your efforts HallsofIvy ! :smile:

Welcome DaleSpam !

BTW, why is HallsofIvy's name not listed in "Staff" : Homework helper or science advisor ?

sankalpmittal said:
BTW, why is HallsofIvy's name not listed in "Staff" : Homework helper or science advisor ?

He will be listed as a Science Advisor

Greg Bernhardt said:
He will be listed as a Science Advisor

He should be listed as both ,IMO.

Once more I congratulate HallsofIvy for his tremendous efforts here and welcome aboard Dale ! :smile:

sankalpmittal said:
He should be listed as both ,IMO.

Once more I congratulate HallsofIvy for his tremendous efforts here and welcome aboard Dale ! :smile:
Retired staff are listed as SA, prior HH status has been removed from past mentors.

Congratulations!

And congratulations to micromass for finding a home, governing the MathS forums.

Evo said:
Retired staff are listed as SA, prior HH status has been removed from past mentors.

Perhaps Emeritus Mentor would be a more appropriate term?

They are Retired Staff.

Congrats DaleSpam and thanks Halls for all of your good work

Congratulations DaleSpam, and thanks HallsofIvy.

Is the mentor distribution visible somewhere?

Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks.

Note that Mentors can moderate every forum - so while we do specialize, in obvious cases (like spam or insults) it is on a "first to spot, first to ban" basis.

micromass said:
[...]It's been a while since somebody cleaned it up.[...]
Hell, I'll help him! :yuck:

Congratulations guys, and I'll still look forward to reading Halls posts as much as ever.

Thanks so much HallsofIvy! I really loved reading your posts.

Congrats Dalespam :)

Thank you HallsofIvy!

Last edited:
Thank you both for all of your hard work. This is such a great site because of people like you. :smile:

Borek said:
StevieTNZ said:
Perhaps Emeritus Mentor would be a more appropriate term?
They are Retired Staff.
Oh, what a boring, inadequate term that is, totally failing to recognize their contributions. It sounds like an old bull has been put out to pasture. :yuck:

It should be "Mentor Emeritus". :approve:

strangerep said:
It should be "Mentor Emeritus". :approve:

I wouldn't be opposed to changing it :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
I wouldn't be opposed to changing it :)

I like the idea.

FYI
In the United States, the word is used either as a postpositional adjective (e.g., "professor emeritus"), or as a prepositional adjective (e.g., "emeritus professor"). There is a third usage, although not employed as often, in which the word follows a full title (e.g., professor of medicine, emeritus.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeritus

Then there's this.

http://www.emeritus.com/

MIH would need to be a Mentor Emerita.

Congratulations DaleSpam! And thanks for helping PF prosper Halls :D :D

Thanks for the service Halls and DaleSpam!

What is "Farewell HallsofIvy, Welcome Dalespam: Staff Changes at Homework Forum"?

"Farewell HallsofIvy, Welcome Dalespam: Staff Changes at Homework Forum" is a blog post or announcement about changes in the staff at Homework Forum, a forum or community for students seeking help with homework and assignments.

Why are there staff changes at Homework Forum?

The staff changes at Homework Forum are likely due to a variety of reasons, such as employees leaving for other opportunities, new hires, or restructuring within the organization.

Who is Dalespam and what is their role at Homework Forum?

Dalespam is likely a new staff member at Homework Forum, possibly a moderator or administrator. They may have been hired to fill a vacant position or to help manage the forum's community and content.

What does this mean for users of Homework Forum?

Users of Homework Forum may experience changes in the way the forum is managed or the type of support and assistance they receive. They may also notice new staff members or changes in the forum's policies and guidelines.

How can users provide feedback or ask questions about the staff changes?

Users can provide feedback or ask questions about the staff changes by contacting the forum's administrators or moderators, or by leaving a comment on the blog post or announcement. They may also be able to reach out to Dalespam directly for any questions or concerns.