Celebrating Lisa - A Special Day!

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary: Only when watching reality TV shows --- then it seems to take forever for the show to end.Another thing about being older, time just FLIES by - WOOSH and another week/month/year is gone. Does time ever slow down again?When you are a kid, days are short, years are long. When you grow old, it is exactly the opposite.Happy belated B-Day!
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
lisab

A little bird told me today was a special day.

Happy Birthday.

http://lettersfromlala.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_94591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Birthday! (I guess it's your birthday?)

Evo said:
Happy Birthday! (I guess it's your birthday?)
I've got a good source...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2433338&postcount=20

Happy Birthday lisab! :smile:

Thanks everyone :smile:!

Yep, 50. My 30th and 40th were pretty easy but I'm not so sure about this one. Let's see if I can get through this without triggering a mid-life crisis.

When I think about my 20th, 30th, and 40th birthdays, my life goals were primarily in the intellectual realm. But as I get older I'm much more focused on my health.

happy_birthday_bird_card-r218f7c2e1c6847bbbd8c8af8dc75ed69_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

lisab said:

Yep, 50. My 30th and 40th were pretty easy but I'm not so sure about this one. Let's see if I can get through this without triggering a mid-life crisis.

When I think about my 20th, 30th, and 40th birthdays, my life goals were primarily in the intellectual realm. But as I get older I'm much more focused on my health.
You go, girl! Take care of yourself and be well for us. K?

lisab said:

Happy birthday.

Have you noticed that the older you get the older "old" gets? Get plenty of exercise and eats lots of fiber and you will be good for another 50 easily.

Happy Birthday Lisa!

party0006.gif
party0033.gif
party0006.gif

:smile:

Thanks again everyone! It was a nice day. The highlight: my daughter and I went out to breakfast (unfortunately my husband had to work :frown:), and we noticed the road near the restaurant was closed.

So we walked over to find out what was happening, just in time to see the fire department rescue a cat from a tree! The cat had some kind of harness on which was stuck on a branch, so it was truly stuck. But was soon safe and sound back on terra firma. It was outstanding :biggrin:.

Happy Birthday, lisab! May you have many more.

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Just remember, 50 is the new 30.

I'm well past 50, and my brain is convinced it's less than half as old as my calendar age. My body sometimes has problems keeping up with it, though.

Another thing about being older, time just FLIES by - WOOSH and another week/month/year is gone. Does time ever slow down again?

lisab said:
Another thing about being older, time just FLIES by - WOOSH and another week/month/year is gone. Does time ever slow down again?

Only when watching reality TV shows --- then it seems to take forever for the show to end.

lisab said:

When you are a kid, days are short, years are long. When you grow old, it is exactly the opposite.

Happy belated B-Day!

Oh god... I'm almost 30...
Soon the youngins will be asking me what life was like back before written language.

lisab said:

No, it only accelerates as you age.

Drakkith said:
Happy belated B-Day!

Oh god... I'm almost 30...
Soon the youngins will be asking me what life was like back before written language.

'Written language'? Is that anything like texting?

What is "Celebrating Lisa - A Special Day!"?

"Celebrating Lisa - A Special Day!" is a special event organized to honor and celebrate the achievements and contributions of Lisa, a remarkable individual who has made a positive impact on the lives of those around her.

Who is Lisa?

Lisa is the individual being celebrated during this special event. She may be a scientist, researcher, educator, or any other professional who has made significant contributions in their field or community.

Why is it important to celebrate Lisa?

Celebrating Lisa is a way to recognize and appreciate her hard work, dedication, and accomplishments. It also serves as a source of motivation and inspiration for others to strive for excellence in their own endeavors.

How is "Celebrating Lisa - A Special Day!" organized?

The event may be organized by Lisa's colleagues, friends, or family members. It may include speeches, presentations, awards, and other activities to honor and commemorate Lisa's achievements.

Can anyone attend "Celebrating Lisa - A Special Day!"?

The event may be open to the public or may be limited to a specific group of people, such as colleagues, friends, or family members of Lisa. It is best to check with the organizers for more information on attendance.