Find 12 Isomers for C4H8BrCl: Get Help Here

• Thread starter arnav9
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Isomers
In summary, isomers are molecules with the same molecular formula but different structural arrangements of atoms. For C4H8BrCl, there are 12 possible isomers. To find isomers, the total number of atoms in the molecule must be determined and rearranged in different ways. The 12 isomers for C4H8BrCl have different structural arrangements, functional groups, and chemical and physical properties. An example of an isomer for C4H8BrCl is 1-bromo-2-chlorocyclobutane with a cyclobutane ring and attached bromine and chlorine atoms.
arnav9
im trying to get the 12 isomers for C4H8BrCl, but I can only find 8, could

someone please help me out ?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
don't forget that the carbon chain does not need to be linear, you can have a 3-carbon chain with the 4th carbon hanging off of the middle (isobutane configuration).

Arnav - list what isomers you have.

thanx quetzalcoatl9, i completely forgot about that, i think i have em all now

1. What are isomers?

Isomers are molecules that have the same molecular formula, but different structural arrangements of atoms.

2. How many isomers are possible for C4H8BrCl?

There are 12 possible isomers for C4H8BrCl.

3. Can you explain the process of finding isomers for a given formula?

To find isomers, we must first determine the total number of atoms in the molecule. Then, we can rearrange the atoms in different ways to create unique structural arrangements. It is important to consider the different types of bonds and the positions of the atoms within the molecule.

4. What are the differences between the 12 isomers for C4H8BrCl?

The 12 isomers for C4H8BrCl will have different structural arrangements, which can result in different chemical and physical properties. They may also have different functional groups and can react differently with other molecules.

5. Can you provide an example of an isomer for C4H8BrCl?

One example of an isomer for C4H8BrCl is 1-bromo-2-chlorocyclobutane, which has a cyclobutane ring with a bromine and chlorine atom attached to it.