Genie 2000 - Find FWTM Paramenter from CAM Files

• Thread starter Vicu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cam files
In summary, the conversation discusses the user's need to retrieve the FWTM parameter for a customized report in Genie 2000. The FWTM is shown in the "Marker Info" window, but the appropriate parameter cannot be found in the CAM files. The user is advised to contact Canberra Industries support for further assistance. It is also mentioned that the FWTM is a measure of the width of a peak in a spectrum.
Vicu
I'm a Genie 2000 user, and in order to prepare a template for a customized report I want to retrieve the FWTM. In fact, this value is shown in "Marker Info" window, but I can't find the adecuate Paramenter from CAM files. Does anyone know the paramenter defintion for the FWTM?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Vicu

I waded somewhat throught the CAM file parameters but could not find any reference to FWTM parameter. My guess is that GAA calculates FWTM internally for the marker info display. It can be easily calculated using a proper programming language and access to the spectra, but I think that using Genie template to calculate it will be just about impossible. Your best bet would be to contact Canberra Industries support fro their advice

Regards

Chris

Hi there! I'm not familiar with the Genie 2000 software specifically, but after doing some research, it seems like the FWTM is the "Full Width at Tenth Maximum" parameter. This is a measure of the width of a peak in a spectrum at the point where the intensity is 10% of the maximum. I would suggest checking the user manual or contacting the software's customer support for more information on how to retrieve this parameter from the CAM files. Hope this helps!

1. What is "Genie 2000"?

"Genie 2000" is a software program used by scientists and researchers in the field of nuclear science. It is designed to analyze and process data from nuclear detectors and other instrumentation.

2. What is a FWTM parameter?

FWTM stands for "Full Width at Tenth Maximum" and is a measure of the width of a peak in a spectrum. In the context of "Genie 2000", the FWTM parameter is used to determine the resolution of a nuclear detector.

3. How does "Genie 2000" find FWTM parameters from CAM files?

In order to find FWTM parameters, "Genie 2000" utilizes a process called "CAM fitting", which involves fitting a curve to the data in the CAM file and then using mathematical calculations to determine the FWTM value.

4. Why is it important to find FWTM parameters?

FWTM parameters are important in nuclear science because they provide a measure of the resolution of a detector, which is crucial in accurately identifying and quantifying radioactive materials in a sample. It can also help scientists determine the efficiency of a detector and make adjustments to optimize its performance.

5. Are there any limitations to using "Genie 2000" to find FWTM parameters?

Like any scientific tool, there are some limitations to using "Genie 2000" to find FWTM parameters. For example, it may not work well with data sets that have a high background or low signal-to-noise ratio. Additionally, it may not be suitable for all types of nuclear detectors, as different detectors may have different peak shapes that may not be accurately captured by the CAM fitting process.