Is the New PF Record for Active Users Reaching 2,035 Today?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Active users broke the 2,000 user record today. They are looking for ways to keep up with the increase in activity. There is a new Google spider that is actively inventing new information.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Active users:

Record: 2,035 @ Today

The previous record was at least a year old.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! We should see if we can get those new shipments of fish off of backorder...

Does that count spiders? (Seriously, I don't know.)

Ki Man said:
Yay! We should see if we can get those new shipments of fish off of backorder...
First Greg needs to order those new freezers. I remember what happened last summer when the freezers broke. :yuck:

Danger said:
Does that count spiders? (Seriously, I don't know.)
Yes, that would include spiders.

Hurray! That record held for a long time! About 1000-1200 of those are spiders, but hey, spiders are visitors too :)

Today set another record - 2,096.

That last record was due to an unusual spike in activity - I want to say that it went all the way back to the Nick Berg video - so we should start breaking this record regularly now.

Is that right? It was set some time around May 2004?

Last edited:
maybe if there is some type of major break though there will be another spike

Record: 2,215 @ 03.14.08

Spiders?

I rather like the Google spider that's been hanging around here lately.

Yes, that was what I was thinking.

Math Is Hard said:
I rather like the Google spider that's been hanging around here lately.

Yes, it seems they're getting friendlier now, not just sucking up data, but actually contributing a little too. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
not just sucking up data, but actually contributing a little too. :biggrin:

That weirded me out enough to start with, but not nearly as much as noticing that one of them is now sporting a 'Homework Helper' ribbon.

Danger said:
That weirded me out enough to start with, but not nearly as much as noticing that one of them is now sporting a 'Homework Helper' ribbon.

Google decided that it was too easy to just index and archive all the world's information. Now, the Google spiders actively invent new information, too.

- Warren

Record: 2,254 @ Oct13-08

What is the new PF record for active users?

The new PF record for active users is 2,035, as of today.

Why is this record significant?

This record is significant because it shows the growth and popularity of the platform among users.

How does this compare to previous records?

This is the highest recorded number of active users on PF so far. It has surpassed the previous record of 2,000 active users.

What factors may have contributed to this increase in active users?

There could be several factors that have contributed to this increase, such as new features or updates on the platform, a successful marketing campaign, or an increase in user engagement.

Will this trend continue in the future?

It is difficult to predict if this trend will continue in the future. It will depend on various factors, including user satisfaction, competition, and technological advancements.