What is the radius of a circle with an area of 154 square centimeters?

• Thread starter Superman89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assistance
In summary, "Some assistance needed." is a phrase commonly used to indicate that help or support is required. It can be used by anyone in various situations, such as when struggling with a task or needing someone to listen. When offering assistance, it is important to ask specifically what is needed. Other ways to ask for help include "Can you help me with this?" and "Do you have a moment to lend a hand?". Clarity and specificity are key when asking for assistance.
Superman89
I need help with this word problem.

What is the radius of a circle whose area is 154 square centimeters?
I know I'm suppost to use the formula [itex] A={\pi}r^2 [/itex].
What do I need to do next?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You know that [tex]A[/tex] (the area) is 154 (square centimetres) so its merely a case of substituting [tex]A=154[/tex] into the formula and solving for r (given that [tex]{\pi}[/tex] is a known value).

154 = π r^2

r^2 = 154 / π

r = sqrt(154 / π)

r = sqrt(7 * 154 / 22) [as π = 22 / 7 (approximately)]

r = sqrt(7 * 7)

r = 7cm

What does "Some assistance needed." mean?

"Some assistance needed." is a common phrase used to indicate that help or support is required for a certain task or situation.

Who might use the phrase "Some assistance needed."?

This phrase can be used by anyone who needs help, whether it be in a personal or professional setting. It is often used in emails, texts, or in face-to-face communication.

What are some common situations where "Some assistance needed." may be used?

"Some assistance needed." can be used in a variety of situations, such as when a person needs help with a project, when they are struggling with a task, or when they need someone to listen to their problems.

How can I offer assistance when someone says "Some assistance needed."?

If someone says "Some assistance needed." to you, it is important to ask them specifically what they need help with. This will allow you to provide the most effective assistance and ensure that their needs are met.

What are some other ways to ask for assistance besides saying "Some assistance needed."?

Some other ways to ask for help include saying "Can you help me with this?", "I could use some assistance.", or "Do you have a moment to lend a hand?". It is always important to be clear and specific about what type of assistance you need.