My friend gave me some Z__Zish problems T_T

• Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date
In summary, the problem states that Albert, Bernard, and Carl frequently go to eat and each one orders either tea or coffee after their meal. If Albert orders coffee, Bernard will also order coffee. If Bernard orders coffee, Albert will order the drink that Carl did not order. And if Carl orders tea, Albert will also order tea. The question is asking who among them will order the same drink as someone else after eating.For problem 2, we are given information about the triangle PQR, including the lengths of PR and QR, as well as the length of RS. We are also told that the product of PT and QS is equal to N. The problem asks us to find the area of the triangle PQR.In
Blahness
friend said:
Problem 1:
Albert, Bernard and Carl go to eat frecuently. Each one order Tea or coffee after eating.
If Albert order coffee, Bernard orders the same that Carl orders.
If Bernard orders cofee, Albert orders the drink that Carl have NOT ordered.
If Carl orders tea, Albert orders the same as Carl.

So, Who of them orders the same drink after eating?

Problem 2:
In the Triangle PQR we know that P`R=QR=12. We take S, at Page Ranking so RS=8.
We take T at QR so RT=8. PT П QS = N
Knowing that RSNT area is 8, Discover PQR triangle's area.

Problem 3:
A Geologist has some stones and no one of them weight more that 1Kg.
We knoq if we divide the stones in two groups, no matter the way they are divided, one of the groups is less or equal that 1Kg.
Nothing is known about the number of stones that the geologist has, and how many the stones weight.
Discover the maximus value that can have the weight of all the stones together.

Problem 1 seems impossible, problem 2 I'm working on now, and problem 3 seems... well, I have no clue what I'm supposed to do, or if there's enough information about it =/

Any help about 1 and 3? (and possibly 2). I'm mostly wondering if I'm understanding the wording right when I say that

IF A = Coffee, B = C
IF B = Coffee, A =/= C
IF C = Tea, A = C

And, what is he trying to say when he said #3? =/

EDIT: also, is there enough info to solve #2? T_T

And I give up on solving it. I just am getting nowhere =/

Thanks mucho ^_^

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
#1 is fairly simple unless I missed something
just go through a few possibilities

EDIT: By this I mean, say "ok, so if Albert has tea, what does this mean" and so forth

Hi there,

I am trained to approach problems logically and systematically. So, let's break down each of these problems and see if we can find a solution.

Problem 1:

From the given information, we can deduce the following:

- If Albert orders coffee, then Bernard and Carl also order coffee.
- If Bernard orders coffee, then Albert orders tea.
- If Carl orders tea, then Albert also orders tea.

Based on this, we can conclude that Albert always orders the same drink as Carl, regardless of what Bernard orders. Therefore, the answer to the question "who of them orders the same drink after eating?" is Albert.

Problem 2:

Unfortunately, there is not enough information provided to accurately calculate the area of the PQR triangle. We know the lengths of some of the sides, but we do not know the lengths of the other sides or the angles of the triangle. Without this information, we cannot accurately calculate the area.

Problem 3:

This problem is a bit trickier, but let's see if we can figure it out. The key here is to think about the maximum weight that the stones can have without violating the given conditions. If we divide the stones into two groups, one of the groups must have a weight of 1kg or less. This means that the maximum weight of the other group is 1kg. So, if we have two stones in one group and one stone in the other group, the maximum weight of the stones combined is 2kg (1kg + 1kg). Similarly, if we have three stones in one group and one stone in the other group, the maximum weight of the stones combined is 3kg (1kg + 1kg + 1kg).

Based on this logic, we can see that the maximum value for the weight of all the stones together is equal to the number of stones. So, if the geologist has 10 stones, the maximum weight would be 10kg. If the geologist has 100 stones, the maximum weight would be 100kg. In other words, the maximum value for the weight of all the stones together is equal to the number of stones the geologist has.

I hope this helps! Remember, as a scientist, it's important to approach problems with a logical and systematic mindset. Keep breaking down the information and looking for patterns and solutions will start to emerge. Good luck!

1. What are Z__Zish problems?

Z__Zish problems are a type of mathematical puzzle that involves a series of symbols and numbers to be solved using logic and critical thinking.

2. How do I solve Z__Zish problems?

There is no one specific method to solve Z__Zish problems, as they can vary in difficulty and complexity. However, some common strategies include looking for patterns, breaking down the problem into smaller parts, and using trial and error.

3. Why are Z__Zish problems considered challenging?

Z__Zish problems often require a combination of mathematical skills and critical thinking abilities. They may also involve unfamiliar symbols and require the use of logic rather than traditional math procedures.

4. How can I improve my performance on Z__Zish problems?

Practicing regularly and exposing yourself to a variety of Z__Zish problems can help improve your skills. Additionally, developing strong critical thinking skills and logical reasoning can also aid in solving these types of problems.

5. Are there any resources available for Z__Zish problems?

Yes, there are many online and offline resources available for Z__Zish problems, including practice worksheets, online games, and books. Additionally, many math and logic textbooks also include sections on Z__Zish problems.