Non ideal Operational Amplifier problem

In summary, a non-ideal operational amplifier is a type of electronic circuit component that amplifies an input signal but has finite gain and non-zero input and output impedance, leading to potential errors and limitations in performance. Some common problems associated with non-ideal op amps include input offset voltage, input bias current, finite gain, output impedance, and frequency response. These issues can be compensated for using techniques such as negative feedback, external resistors or capacitors, and specialized compensation circuits. Non-ideal op amps can be used in precision applications, but may require additional compensating techniques. The performance of a non-ideal op amp can be tested by measuring its input and output characteristics and comparing them to manufacturer's specifications.
majesticman
hi...
can anyone help with the problem i attached

thanks in advance...

I think a good start would be to convert the current source into a voltage source

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 395
Physics news on Phys.org
*bump*

Majesticman,

You must show some sort of work in order to receive help from us.

As you suggested, convert the current source into voltage source, I think that's the best way to go. Then write Node-Voltage equations on the inputs of the opamps (NEVER AT THE OUTPUTS), remembering your ideal opamp properties.

1. What is a non-ideal operational amplifier?

A non-ideal operational amplifier (op amp) is a type of electronic circuit component that is designed to amplify an input signal. However, unlike ideal op amps, which have infinite gain and zero input and output impedance, non-ideal op amps have finite gain and non-zero input and output impedance, leading to potential errors and limitations in their performance.

2. What are the common problems associated with non-ideal op amps?

Some common problems associated with non-ideal op amps include input offset voltage, input bias current, finite gain, output impedance, and frequency response. These issues can lead to errors in the output signal and affect the overall accuracy and stability of the circuit.

3. How do I compensate for the non-idealities of an op amp?

There are several techniques for compensating for the non-idealities of an op amp, such as using negative feedback, adding external resistors or capacitors, and using specialized compensation circuits. These methods can help reduce errors and improve the performance of the op amp.

4. Can non-ideal op amps be used in precision applications?

Yes, non-ideal op amps can be used in precision applications, but they may require additional compensating techniques to achieve the desired level of accuracy. It is important to carefully select an op amp with low input offset voltage, low input bias current, and high gain to minimize errors in precision applications.

5. How can I test the performance of a non-ideal op amp?

The performance of a non-ideal op amp can be tested by measuring its input and output characteristics, such as input offset voltage, input bias current, gain, output impedance, and frequency response. These parameters can be compared to the manufacturer's specifications to determine the accuracy and limitations of the op amp.