Anyone know of good online chemistry notes?

In summary, the conversation is about a student looking for good online notes to supplement their intro chem class. Some suggested websites include chemmybear.com, home.ust.hk/~chzlin/chem100/, and khanacademy.org. The last website is recommended for its thorough videos on various topics, including math.
torquemada
i'm taking the first semester of intro chem (major-level) and i was wondering if anyone knows of good online notes to supplement what i learn in class? thanks so much :)

Physics news on Phys.org
How about this?

http://home.ust.hk/~chzlin/chem100/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this website before

http://www.khanacademy.org/

The gentlemen who does the videos is very thorough and goes step by step. As you'll find, there are all kinds of other topics too. I actually used the website for math, gerneally as I came across things that I didn't pick up real well in lectures.

thx a lot guys! :)

1. What is the best website for finding online chemistry notes?

There are several websites that offer good online chemistry notes, such as Khan Academy, ChemWiki, and Crash Course Chemistry. It ultimately depends on your personal learning style and the specific topic you are looking for.

2. Are there any free resources for online chemistry notes?

Yes, there are many free websites and resources that offer online chemistry notes. Some popular options include OpenStax, ChemGuide, and ChemSpider.

3. Can I trust the accuracy of online chemistry notes?

The accuracy of online chemistry notes can vary depending on the source. It is always best to double check the information with multiple sources and consult with a trusted teacher or tutor.

4. Are there any interactive online chemistry notes available?

Yes, there are many websites that offer interactive online chemistry notes, such as ChemCollective and ChemEd X. These notes often include simulations and visual aids to help with understanding the concepts.

5. How do I know which online chemistry notes are right for me?

It is important to consider your learning style and the specific topic you are studying when choosing online chemistry notes. It can be helpful to read reviews and try out a few different resources to see which ones work best for you.