Poll: Who Killed JFK? 41 Years Later

In summary: ERICA! LET'S GET RID OF THESE VIOLENT GAMES!In summary, there is no clear consensus on who killed JFK. Some people believe it was Oswald alone, while others believe there was a conspiracy involving others. Stone did a good job in arousing suspicions about this conspiracy, but his film JFK: Reloaded does a poor job of portraying the evidence. There is also some evidence that suggests JFK was actually abducted by aliens and is coming back as a zombie to conquer the world.

Who killed JFK?

• Total voters
check
In honour of the 41st anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy, I'm posting this simple poll: Who do you think killed JFK?

Lee Harvey Oswald alone?
Lee Harvey Oswald + conspiracy of others?
Conspiracy of others not including Oswald?
Another single individual?

(my apologies if this is has been asked here before)

Physics news on Phys.org
Stone did a good enough job in arousing suspicions about this ...

PerennialII said:
Stone did a good enough job in arousing suspicions about this ...

I actually just watched his 'JFK' last night (although I've been interested in the JFK assassination for years). I bought the movie a couple of years ago but had never gotten around to watching the whole thing. But, he does do a very good job and I'd recommend the movie to anyone that doesn't have a short attention span.

play the video game and decide: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6549265/

Last edited by a moderator:
lucifer said:
play the video game and decide: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6549265/

Your link is dead, but I'm sure you were referring to this: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kennedy.game.reut/index.html

check said:
Your link is dead, but I'm sure you were referring to this: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kennedy.game.reut/index.html

yepp that's what i was talking about. it's in pretty poor taste i think... i mean "violent" videogames are cool but to base something on a real life tradgedy is entirely different.

I find this game very insulting, who would think of such an idea, *gasp*. I guess if they can make it they will. Sometimes the media has no respect. :grumpy:

Say, I actually had an opportunity to view something on the so-called History Channel about this. What peaked my interest is they stated only 20% of Americans believed the official story.

I'm pretty surprised by the results of this poll so far. I would have expected more to think there was a conspiracy.

check said:
I'm pretty surprised by the results of this poll so far. I would have expected more to think there was a conspiracy.

Because you forgot the "Didn't really die, he was abducted by aliens and is coming back as a zombie to conquer the world and your little dog too" option.

I like Smurf's view, that option should be added. :smile:

I just played JFK:Reloaded.
The ballistics analysis didn't work for some reason, but the game it pretty neat.

The poll should have added a question: are you aware of any evidence that supports your position. I venture to say that those who choose answers other than the first will say 'no'.
check said:
I actually just watched his 'JFK' last night (although I've been interested in the JFK assassination for years). I bought the movie a couple of years ago but had never gotten around to watching the whole thing. But, he does do a very good job and I'd recommend the movie to anyone that doesn't have a short attention span.
Stone's JFK is pure fantasy. It is good cinematic art but has no relationship to what really happened. Stone either doesn't care about the truth or he is just dishonest.

By the way, there are some very interesting physics aspects to the assassination. Nobel physicist Luis Alvarez actually wrote an elaborate article on this for Physics Today in 1976: see:
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol1/html/HSCA_Vol1_0216b.htm
Alvarez actually got a few things right. But his understanding of the evidence is poor and his 'jiggle' theory to determine the shots is pretty much junk science.

AM

1. Who was JFK?

JFK, or John F. Kennedy, was the 35th president of the United States. He served from 1961 until his assassination in 1963.

2. What happened on the day of JFK's assassination?

On November 22, 1963, President Kennedy was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas when he was shot and killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, a former US Marine. Oswald was arrested and charged with the murder, but was himself killed two days later by Jack Ruby.

3. What evidence supports the theory that Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK?

There is significant evidence that links Oswald to the assassination of JFK. This includes a rifle found in the Texas School Book Depository building where Oswald worked and eyewitness testimony placing him at the scene of the shooting. Additionally, Oswald's fingerprints were found on the rifle and on other pieces of evidence.

4. What evidence supports the theory that there was a larger conspiracy to kill JFK?

Some people believe that there was a larger conspiracy to kill JFK, involving multiple individuals or organizations. This theory is supported by various pieces of evidence, such as inconsistencies in witness testimonies and the trajectory of the bullets. Some also point to Oswald's connections to the Soviet Union and Cuba as potential motives for a larger conspiracy.

5. Has there been any new evidence or developments in the case since the assassination?

Over the years, there have been numerous investigations and theories surrounding JFK's assassination. In 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that there was likely a conspiracy involved in JFK's death, but did not name any specific individuals or groups. In 2017, thousands of previously classified documents related to the assassination were released, but no conclusive evidence of a larger conspiracy was found.