Devices that can inject air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber

In summary, The conversation discusses the need for a device that can inject both fuel and air into the engine at the same time. One person suggests using a conventional intake stroke, while another mentions that some gas engines use port injection which can handle air with fuel in suspension. However, this may be difficult to implement with conventional cylinder pressures. The conversation ends with one person mentioning the existence of injectors that can perform this function, but they are unable to provide any specific examples.
Anant90
hey,
I need all the help i can get on this one... can u guys tell me if there is any device that can be used instead of an ordinary fuel injector since i want it to be able to inject an air-fuel mixture. since the normal injector can't inject air i desperately need another device.

please do help!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pretty hard to inject fuel and air at the same time considering the large volume of air needed by the engine. What's wrong with using a conventional intake stroke? That's exactly what it does and it seems to work very, very well!

Some gas engines use port injection; these injectors should be able to cope with air with fuel in suspension. For use in-cylinder you are going to struggle if you're planning to use 'conventional' cylinder pressures.

Do you have any examples of the injectors that you're thinking of, brewnog?

None that I should talk about, sorry. They're out there though!

1. How do devices inject air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber?

The most common way that devices inject air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber is through a process called fuel injection. This involves using a fuel injector to spray pressurized fuel into the combustion chamber, where it mixes with air for combustion.

2. What are the benefits of using devices that inject air-fuel mixture?

Using devices that inject air-fuel mixture can lead to more efficient combustion, resulting in improved fuel economy and reduced emissions. It also allows for more precise control over the air-fuel ratio, which can lead to better engine performance.

3. How does the air-fuel ratio affect the combustion process?

The air-fuel ratio is a crucial factor in the combustion process. Too much air can result in incomplete combustion, while too much fuel can lead to a rich mixture, which can cause engine damage. Devices that inject air-fuel mixture help maintain the optimal ratio for efficient combustion.

4. What types of devices are used to inject air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber?

There are various types of devices used for fuel injection, including port fuel injection, direct injection, and throttle body injection. Each type has its own unique method of injecting air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber.

5. How has fuel injection technology evolved over time?

Fuel injection technology has evolved significantly over the years, with advancements in electronic control systems and the design of fuel injectors. This has led to more precise and efficient fuel injection, resulting in improved engine performance and reduced emissions.