New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!

• Thread starter Gib Z
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Basketball
In summary, the person is talking about their old basketball skills and how they've not played in a few years. They mention that they used to be good and that they miss playing. They also mention that they know someone who is almost as good as they used to be at shooting.
Gib Z
Homework Helper
This is really random, but I just got a new basketball today! Yay!

Its a Nike 2000 and if there was ever a ball that was sexy, this would be it.

Im still terrible at basketball though, anyone here play?

Physics news on Phys.org
I play a lot in the summer in the backyard and sometimes at the school court near my house. Nothing beats a nice ball, between me/my brother someone always ends up leaving it in the yard and then the sun ruins it though, heh. Actually last year's is sitting out in the snow right now. :redface:

Lol i want to take care of this ball, my last one, Spalding TF-250, its pretty much just a grey sphere now..lol

I play a lot, I was on the team in high school and am playing in intramurals now. Haven't played in two years so now I'm pretty terrible haha. I bought one of those nike cage grip balls because they were on sale and I quite like it.

Used to play during high school, stopped after I went to college, and gained a few pounds, can't touch the ring anymore..
I guess I lost my game..

I used to play on a couple of community teams. Haven't touched a ball in about 10 years. I had a great reverse layup. I would come up under the backboard cross under the rim and put the ball up backwards behind me inches from the hoop. I could do it either side, either left or right hand, without looking. If I got to the baseline they figured I was going to do it, but it was hard to stop because if they went to where I was going to be, I would just lay it up forwards. I was okay shooting from outside the foul line, but not great.

I've never been great overall, but when I was 12 i had a great 3 point shot. When I say great, i ment compared to my other friends. I got about half of them in. Theres a friend of mine that can go 30 or so before he gets unlucky and misses one. Most of those times its a swish as well.

Gib Z said:
I've never been great overall, but when I was 12 i had a great 3 point shot. When I say great, i ment compared to my other friends. I got about half of them in. Theres a friend of mine that can go 30 or so before he gets unlucky and misses one. Most of those times its a swish as well.

That's like my brother. He could hit shots from all over the outside and rarely missed, pretty good inside too, but I had a better reverse layup. :tongue:

I haven't even thought about basketball in years. I ought to see if mine will still hold air and try some shots sometime. I do enjoy it, just never really too good. I was at a point where I would be picked early in gym class when playing basketball. I was happy with that.:biggrin:

Everybuddy should have a basketball :D You can get em fer a few bucks, why wouldn't you? Even when your alone, you can practice your handles and shots.

I know this guy whose almost as good at shooting as the guy i mented in my last post, but his handles are so hot. It's like those pros playing freestyle, its crazy!

1. What is "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!"?

"New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" is a new basketball model produced by the popular sports brand Nike. It is designed for both indoor and outdoor use and features advanced technology for improved performance.

2. What are the key features of "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!"?

The "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" model boasts a durable synthetic leather exterior, a high-quality rubber bladder for better air retention, and deep channels for enhanced grip. It also has a cushioned core for better control and comfort while playing.

3. Is "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" suitable for all skill levels?

Yes, "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" is designed for players of all levels, from beginners to professionals. Its advanced features make it suitable for both recreational and competitive games.

4. Can "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" be used for both indoor and outdoor play?

Yes, "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" is designed to be used on both indoor and outdoor courts. Its durable construction and advanced technology make it suitable for all types of playing surfaces.

5. How does "New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" compare to other basketball models?

"New Basketball: I Got a Nike 2000!" stands out from other basketball models due to its superior quality and advanced features. It has been tested and approved by professional players, making it a top choice for basketball enthusiasts.