Register to reply

Function of a Proton Synchrotron

by RhianonLovelac
Tags: function, proton, synchrotron
Share this thread:
RhianonLovelac
Jan15-14, 07:42 AM
P: 1
I am a young physics student currently attaining my A Levels, therefore my knowledge of this higher quantum physics is very limited. However, I have been given the oppotunity to possibly visit Cern, and conduct an experiment using the Proton beam (proton synchroton) and I must plan said experiment, using the technology available. I wish to learn as much as possible on the topic as I currently have little knowledge of the function of the proton beam, what is it capable of doing/showing and I wish to gain any feedback regarding the aims and limitations of the equipment. Obviously, it is very early days I just would liek to gain as much information as possible, thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
Researchers find first direct evidence of 'spin symmetry' in atoms
X-ray laser probes tiny quantum tornadoes in superfluid droplets
ZapperZ
Jan15-14, 08:02 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,238
First things first. Have you looked up the applications of a regular electron synchrotron? There are PLENTY of these facilities around the world and info on them are aplenty. Start from there!

Zz.

Register to reply